What games are you playing now?
Moderators: AnimeNfo Forum Moderator
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Posts_count   Goto_page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 62, 63, 64 Next
Squid (#86437)
AnimeNfo Overlord

What games are you playing now?
every one plays games right?

seeing that theres no "What games are you playing" thread I've decided to make one Smile

As the title says what games are you playing now?

PostPosted: 
Edited_times_total
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email AIM    Back_to_top 
Sumomo (#45447)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Since I finished Xenosaga 2 a while ago,
I'm playing Magna Carta and Baten Kaitos (latter one I will never finish apparently).

My bf is playing Dragon Quest 8 and Wild Arms alter code F.

My Deviant Art

PostPosted: 
cranston (#84421)
AnimeNfo Description Editor

Having just finished Magna Carta, I'm kinda in a slump. I am in the middle of two games right now, Wild Arms Alter Code F and Digital Devil Saga 2, but I've little motivation to finish them as I don't find them interesting enough. I've also not completed Shadow of the Colossus and Spartan Total Warrior for the same reasons.

Mainly, I'm waiting for February.

Two elements make an anime great: romance and moe!
My anime collection (with ranking) and visual novel CGs!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message    Back_to_top 
jsy3k (#32616)
AnimeNfo Overlord

PS2:
Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana
Fatal Frame III
Xenosaga II (Replaying)

GBA:
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stone
Riviera: The Promised Land

DS:
Lunar: Dragon Song

Innocent Tranquility

The Smile that defies all thoughts of rationality

Jsy3k's List of Anime

PostPosted: 
RavenShield (#85686)
AnimeNfo Scout

PS2: Socom 3: US Navy SEALs (finished)
Juiced

PC: Star Wars: Battlefront II
Battlefield 1942

Nebi sjala ovako jako, ova moja ljepa avlija. Ja bi svijetlo zvao mrakom, da te nije Alija

PostPosted: 
BloodyRedrum (#31243)
AnimeNfo Scout

I just started Dragon Quest VIII for PS2. Looks ok so far. ghaphics are nice.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message AIM    Back_to_top 
kazi (#88254)
AnimeNfo Warrior

PS2:
Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy Tactics (I just got this, it's a PS1 game, but i play it on my PS2)
Shadow of the Colossus

GameCube:
Viewtiful Joe 2

PC:
Counter Strike 1.6, CZ, Source (I don't play these much, but I do occasionally)

Lechuck: Kiss me, I've got scurvy.

PostPosted: 
Mike (#43833)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Games I'm playing now?

Hmmm... I'm playing:

Secret of Mana (SNES)
Way of the Samurai (PS2)

Aside from that I always play Halo 2 and a bunch of SNES games on a regular basis (ie. Street Fighter 2, Top Gear, Mario Kart, etc)

MIKE

Forum FAQ
Forum Rules
Bracket One - Round 1 Complete
Bracket Two - Round 1 Complete

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email    Back_to_top 
vicious (#32847)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

PS2
Soul Calibur III

PC
Silent Hill 4

GBA
Hajime No Ippo

@Mike: Is Way of the samurai good?

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email MSNM    Back_to_top 
Doormatter20 (#59409)
AnimeNfo Warrior

Lets see before I left for the keys I was playing.
PS2:
Madden 2005
The Warriors
Suikoden IV

Gamecube:
Fire Emblem
Killer 7

Dreamcast:
Sakura Taisen 4
Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves

Since all I have with me here is my GBA I'm now playing Lunar Legend and Fire Emblem.

PostPosted: 
ThePaper (#66805)
AnimeNfo Warrior

right now im playing...

Resident Evil 4
Animal Crossing DS
Mario Kart DS
Metal Gear Solid 3
Call of Duty 2

I really love Resident Evil 4! Smile I reccomend to anyone

PostPosted: 
CyBeR (#47560)
AnimeNfo Overlord

Resident Evil 4 as well...excellent game, from graphics to gameplay and characters...the story feels just right so I'm happily plowing thorough it. I love blowing off a zombie's head with the shotgun at point-blank range.

King Kong - BEST atmosphere I've seen in a game in ages. It's tense, terrific, visually stunning...and playing with Kong is simply...I can't find the word to describe it well enough...SUPERB! I want mooooore games like this one...I trully recommend it.

Just like leeches off one another...to devour the self, to leave the body, exchanging our pleasure and pain in a forever repeating circle
Making love
Until all shall die out and we shall be dragged out of our eternal grave by the wrath of the END, judged and burnt by the light of the Supernova...we shall revive in another world"

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message MSNM    Back_to_top 
cranston (#84421)

I recently stumbled upon the fact that Shadow Hearts Covenant actually has two endings. I'm currently replaying SHC and hope to finish it by the end of the month.

PostPosted: 
vicious (#32847)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

@cranston: Really? Didn't see that in a FAQ for the game. Maybe you get the ending if you have collected everything in the game then. I'm going to replay it someday to check it.

PostPosted: 
cranston (#84421)

vicious (#32847) :
@cranston: Really? Didn't see that in a FAQ for the game. Maybe you get the ending if you have collected everything in the game then. I'm going to replay it someday to check it.
Nope. It depends on how you answer Jeanne's questions. (She's the girl who died early in the game (within the 1st hour) and now wanders around in your soul.) If you've a save file early enough, you could reload from that point. Since I don't, gotta play all over. Good thing I've still got the clear game file.

PostPosted: 
Mr. Goodbytes (#42894)
AnimeNfo Warrior

Location: Uncertain, Unknow, Unnamed, Undefined, Unconfirmed, Unreal, Un-what?
I'm really idle... Used GameShark with Medal of Honor for PSOne (I know is "kinda" old, but it's good Razz)... Reflective Shots, Infinite Ammo, 4x Firing Speed, etc, etc, etc... Right now I have 438722 shots and aiming for the million o3o I'm REALLY idle XDXDXD

Zatsudan Zone (My anime blog - it's in spanish xD)

PostPosted: 
Edited_time_total
neo (#67420)
AnimeNfo Scout

As of right now I am playing:
Baten Kaitos(Gamecube)
SW BattlefrontII(PSP)

Not much sadly, I just bought anime and don't have much time for games.

PostPosted: 
Doormatter20 (#59409)
AnimeNfo Warrior

neo (#67420) :
Baten Kaitos(Gamecube)
SW BattlefrontII(PSP)

Is Baten Kaitos any good, I've been curious about that one for a while.

PostPosted: 
vicious (#32847)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

I saw this game at my friends house, the graphics were impressive but I didn't quite like the battle system with the cards. It was too indirect for me. It depends on what you prefer.

PostPosted: 
AnnŻniel (#90354)

I managed to get my hands on Chrono Cross and I'm currently playing that. It starts out rather odd... I haven't even left the first village yet and I'm already confused as to what's going on, lol.

But I've heard good things so I'll stick with it. It's been a while since I played a real turnbased RPG though. It'll take more getting used to. Smile

My Anime Blog
My Book Blog
I like our party better. The dress code is easier and I know all the steps.
I want your Wii Stick!
It'll be an adventure!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website AIM YIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
kazi (#88254)
AnimeNfo Warrior

^ I loved that game, even tho I don't fully understand it yet (I have beaten it too).

Anyway, I just got psychonauts for PC and played it for two hours (using a game pad which I bought with it), it's a really fun platformer. I really like it so far, mainly cus I love platformers. Also, it is said to be the best game no one played this year, basically, a sleeper hit.

PostPosted: 
Mike (#43833)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

CyBeR (#47560) :

King Kong - BEST atmosphere I've seen in a game in ages. It's tense, terrific, visually stunning...and playing with Kong is simply...I can't find the word to describe it well enough...SUPERB! I want mooooore games like this one...I trully recommend it.

For what platform? On 360 it's amazing....

MIKE

Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
Seven Of Four (#63088)
AnimeNfo Warrior

World Of Warcraft and then Battlefield 2 whenever the servers are down.

PostPosted: 
vicious (#32847)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Victorious Boxers 2 (Hajime No Ippo 2) PS2
MGS 3 PS2

PostPosted: 
CyBeR (#47560)
AnimeNfo Overlord

Mike (#43833) :
CyBeR (#47560) :

For what platform? On 360 it's amazing....

Just the PS 2 version...I shudder at the thought of buying a 360, especially knowing how expensive it is...I'll just save the money for a PS 3.

Just like leeches off one another...to devour the self, to leave the body, exchanging our pleasure and pain in a forever repeating circle
Making love
Until all shall die out and we shall be dragged out of our eternal grave by the wrath of the END, judged and burnt by the light of the Supernova...we shall revive in another world"

PostPosted: 
Mike (#43833)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

CyBeR (#47560) :

Just the PS 2 version...I shudder at the thought of buying a 360, especially knowing how expensive it is...I'll just save the money for a PS 3.

I believe the PS3 is more expensive than the Premium 360... close to $500 after tax. Shudder? I would...

MIKE

Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
vicious (#32847)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

500 is ok, the PS2 was like that too when it was first released but I'm afraid the PS3 will be more like 600-700. It's because of the Blue-Ray player since "normal" Blue-Ray players costs above the 1000

PostPosted: 
neo (#67420)
AnimeNfo Scout

Doormatter20 (#59409) :
neo (#67420) :
Baten Kaitos(Gamecube)
SW BattlefrontII(PSP)

Is Baten Kaitos any good, I've been curious about that one for a while.

Sorry for the delayed response, I love the game, the graphics are nice and the card battle system is...pretty fun, for the most part the cards are just placehoders for the attacks/spells/moves.
The game is based working with time, everything ages, changing getting stronger or weaker so you really have to pay attention. Very Happy

PostPosted: 
Mike (#43833)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

vicious (#32847) :
500 is ok, the PS2 was like that too when it was first released but I'm afraid the PS3 will be more like 600-700. It's because of the Blue-Ray player since "normal" Blue-Ray players costs above the 1000

Well, the PS2 here was only $300... and when I bought it it was like $180.

MIKE

Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
Avs (#91555)
AnimeNfo Peasant

IMO: 2005 had a lot less to show for games then many previous years so hopefully 2006 wont follow the same suit.

Was playing: WoW, TFT: Dota All Stars
Now playing: Natural Selection (revisited), Civilization 4
Looking ahead: UT2k7, Next-Gen Consoles

PostPosted: 
cranston (#84421)

Avs (#91555) :
IMO: 2005 had a lot less to show for games then many previous years so hopefully 2006 wont follow the same suit.
Given my dissappointment with Xenosaga 2, I might just agree with you. FF12 alone should make 2006 memorable. Memorable in a good way or in a bad way...

The fact that Tales, Kingdom Hearts, Shadow Hearts and Grandia (Atelier Iris maybe) are due for release in Feb/Mar should already make 2006 memorable.

PostPosted: 
rossoline (#40078)
AnimeNfo Warrior

vicious (#32847) :

Without trying to turn this into another console wars thread, I'm going to post what I've found regarding the price points for the systems if anyone cares to peruse. Of course, none of the PS3 info is finalized yet, but hopefully this helps clear some things up:

First of all, the Blue Ray player is actually only going to cost Sony about an extra $75 a unit. Remember, it isn't a standalone player which requires it's own expensive hardware, but simply a drive which utilizes the PS3's (expensive) hardware.

Microsoft scratched the internal HD-DVD drive but, unlike Sony, opted to include a hard disk out of the box which costs about $50 to manufacture. So, for the most part the prices even out in that respect, with the PS3 clocking in slightly higher.

When it comes down to it, the only major cost difference between the 360 and the PS3 are their respective CPUs. Sony's cell is estimated at a $160 manufacturing cost (the last I heard anyway) while the 360's is closer to $110. Aside from that, if you check out the system specs they're really almost identical across the board; the GPUs and other hardware cost the same for both systems.

According to BusinessWeek, the 360 costs $526 to manufacture, and in a Merril Lynch Japan report published last June it was speculated that the PS3 would actually cost $494 to manufacture. However, according to more recent reports, I believe they miscalculated the cost of the cell. So, the overall manufacturing cost is probably $50 or so higher. In any case, while a $400+ price point is virtually guaranteed, I don't think there's any possibility that the final retail cost will break $500.

I don't plan on getting a PS3 at launch, but I would like to get one eventually. So, I hope it's only $400.

Oh yeah, and I'm playing DOA4 at the moment. Great game. To be fair, DOA typically takes a lot of flack for it's apparent prioritization of fanservice over fighting (and probably for good reason), but I think it's safe enough to say that DOA4 is reason to believe that the series is finally growing up. There is a genuinely respectable fighting system in there amidst the lovely jigglies and pantsu, believe it or not. I'm having a good time with it anyway.

PostPosted: 
zitch (#80114)

Guess I'll pipe in.

Been mainly playing Civilization 4 and City of Heroes/Villians.

Recently just replayed and beat Half-Life 2 (wonderful atmosphere in that game).

Also, I got a bit of playtime in the D&D Online stress test. Early impressions to me show that it's rather good. I'll probably get it when it comes out on Feb 28 in the states.

List of my reviews.
My Anime Weblog Site.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website AIM YIM MSNM 
RavenShield (#85686)
AnimeNfo Scout

With a price tag of $500 at launch, i will not be surprised if they dont sell well. Its gonna be a long 3 years until it drops to a reasonable price. The PS3 may be expensive to manufacture, it still doesnt justify a price tag higher than the manufacture price. Ill get the 360 and we will see what happens with the PS3. I might get that one too if the price is right....

Nebi sjala ovako jako, ova moja ljepa avlija. Ja bi svijetlo zvao mrakom, da te nije Alija

PostPosted: 
AnnŻniel (#90354)

RavenShield (#85686) :
The PS3 may be expensive to manufacture, it still doesnt justify a price tag higher than the manufacture price.

Yeah, I mean, who wants to make money? I know I don't... Wait. That's not right, is it? Granted, it doesn't justify a lot of profit... We're not talking gas prices here or anything. But to expect the manufactor to not raise the price past the manufacture price is... *ahem* They have to make money you know.

There's more economics involved, but I'll spare you from all that.

Still playing Chrono Cross. Wondering if it really has any connection to Chrono Trigger... I havent actually finished that game yet. Hah.

My Anime Blog
My Book Blog
I like our party better. The dress code is easier and I know all the steps.
I want your Wii Stick!
It'll be an adventure!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website AIM YIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Mike (#43833)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

AnnŻniel (#90354) :
RavenShield (#85686) :
The PS3 may be expensive to manufacture, it still doesnt justify a price tag higher than the manufacture price.

Yeah, I mean, who wants to make money? I know I don't... Wait. That's not right, is it? Granted, it doesn't justify a lot of profit... We're not talking gas prices here or anything. But to expect the manufactor to not raise the price past the manufacture price is... *ahem* They have to make money you know.

Still playing Chrono Cross. Wondering if it really has any connection to Chrono Trigger... I havent actually finished that game yet. Hah.

I believe Ravenshield meant a gross increase in price. Say it's $300 to make, charging $450 is way too much.

Also, sarcasm can be dangerous...

MIKE

Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
Otaku Ichise (#95796)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Im playing Super Robot Taisen J

PostPosted: 
Seven Of Four (#63088)
AnimeNfo Warrior

My brother got me into Stubbs the Zombie, this game is so funny. Plus I've been doing alot of lanning with UT2004 and C&C: Generals Zero Hour.

PostPosted: 
rossoline (#40078)
AnimeNfo Warrior

zitch (#80114) :
Recently just replayed and beat Half-Life 2 (wonderful atmosphere in that game).

Ah, I really, really want to play that game. I'm going to pick it up eventually since it's compatible with the 360, but just a little short on cash right now...

Also been looking forward to renting RE4 for PS2. The Cube version is hands down one of my favorite games of all time, and while I don't really want to buy the game again, I would like to check out the extra content. Too bad the Blockbuster by my house sucks and never has it in stock.

AnnŻniel (#90354) :
RavenShield (#85686) :

Sounds like someone didn't do their homework.

Just as an example, the XBOX 360 costs $526 to manufacture and retails for $400. It's pretty standard for console developers to take a loss on hardware sales and make up the difference by turning (hopefully) huge profits on software licensing.

The PS2 initially sold below cost and only actually started turning a profit some time after their last price drop. Microsoft, on the other hand, didn't own the patents for the Intel CPU or NVidia GPU which powered the original XBOX, which means that they had to buy them at market prices from the manufacturers. Primarily because of that the XBOX, unlike the PS2, never actually even managed to turn a profit. That's not to say the system wasn't a success; they managed to take a significant chunk of the market for a first time console endeavor, which seems to be in line with Microsoft's overall business strategy. Still, pretty much the only reason the 360 exists is because Bill Gates is a rich bastard. ; )

The fact of the matter is, despite people typically thinking Nintendo is the underdog in the console wars, it's actually the only video game company that consistently posts profits. And this is mostly due to their handhelds. It costs Nintendo about $30 to manufacture a GBA, and they sell them for $100. They're making a killing on those things.

PostPosted: 
Squid (#86437)
AnimeNfo Overlord

beatl the games already so now im just replaying harvest moon a wonderful life Very Happy

PostPosted: 
Afrofish (#83799)
AnimeNfo Scout

DoTA anyone?

PostPosted: 
zitch (#80114)

rossoline (#40078) :
zitch (#80114) :

Ah, I really, really want to play that game. I'm going to pick it up eventually since it's compatible with the 360, but just a little short on cash right now...

Indeed. I really can't seem to get bored of HL2... Smile It may be short and linear, the story isn't all that deep, it may actually end with more questions than it started, the AI isn't all that intelligent, and I have some issues with a few of the weapons (like the .357 revolver is the most accurate weapon in the game...), but the atmosphere in each part of the game is great. Whether it's an urban firefight, a zombie romp, a sewage sneak, or road rampage, this game does have its charm.

One of my favorite parts is when you get into a firefight with combine soldiers inside a warehouse filled with car parts. Hearing bullet whizz above you as you take cover behind a car door, listening when they klang into the tin wall behind you, feel as they twack into the door frame you're cowered behind (which you can almost feel with a 400 watt sound system... Wink ), seeing the glass shatter and shower around you. Quickly pop up and spray the area with a sub-machine gun and see the combine soldiers actually attempt to take cover. The aural sensations are spot on in this game. If you ever play it, listen to guns being fired in the distance or inside of a building when you're outside.

But the real treat is when you finish that firefight. You've eliminated the combine threat for the moment and gave a moments rest to the rebels they were attacking. But when you walk up to the rebels, they're tending to a critically wounded comrade. When they turn to look at you, your moment of victory is quickly soured as you see tired and sad eyes. You can see the wear and tear in these people's look.

At some points, these eyes start to look at you as a beacon of hope. As inspiration to keep on fighting. The way people walk, talks, gesture, emote... it all adds to the general atmosphere perfectly. Even if this isn't the most graphically or A.I. advanced game out there, it's advanced enough to keep you drawn in. Valve (as much as I have problems with the company in general and with Steam...) did a great job concentrating on the important parts of this first person shooter.

I'll keep out of the console discussion mainly because I don't really get into them.

List of my reviews.
My Anime Weblog Site.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website AIM YIM MSNM 
vicious (#32847)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Going to start with DMC 3.

PostPosted: 
kazi (#88254)
AnimeNfo Warrior

^ Good game, I have it too. DMC3 Special Edition is coming out at the end of this month. You can play as Vergil (the villian of DMC3, and a pretty cool character). I'm planning on getting it too, cus it'll be pretty cheap when it comes out (I think 30$..I forgot), and also I really like the game.

I'll be playing Fire Emblem, the Sacred stones in around 4 days (my grandma's coming over, and she's bringing it along).

PostPosted: 
cranston (#84421)

Otaku Ichise (#95796) :
Im playing Super Robot Taisen J
What is Super Robot Taisen and why is Sagara Sousuke's picture on the screen?

PostPosted: 
Display_posts:   Sort_by:   
 Posts_count   Goto_page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 62, 63, 64 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Forum_index » Gamers Corner
Jump_to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot