Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum » Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Is the extended last episode out yet?
Moderators: AnimeNfo Forum Moderator
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Posts_count  
Immune (#70369)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Is the extended last episode out yet?

I heard from someone on this forum that there is an extended last episode that accompanies the last DVD of the series. I was just wondering if this DVD is out yet, and, if not, when it will be out. Thank you.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message    Back_to_top 
Doff (#45012)
AnimeNfo Radio Administrator

I dont know, but if you are taking about Aikane Maniax.. That is somehow season 2 The first ep of that series is released on the web, but not the rest beacuse it is licenced......
i havent heard of a "ep 14" of that is what you are talking about...

www.animenfo.com/radio --------< Listen!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Tabris (#53299)
AnimeNfo Scout

I don't get it?! The DVD I have (burned fansubs) has 14 episodes on it Confused .

Or do you mean (I think this is true from what I saw on the official website) an Aka....ah wait, Doff already put it down. I've been wondering about the OVA (I assume it'll be one).

ZOMG! Lolicopter power!

PostPosted: 
DarkCntry (#45489)
AnimeNfo Scout

The KGNE Vol 7 DVD has an extra 5-7min ending on the series, that shows slightly a bit more than what was shown in the TV broadcast.

If you have purchased (see: import) it, you will find it on Volume 7 at the end of the last episode.

Extended Ending :
Basically it gives you the full story of Haruka's children's novel, as read by Akane, as well as the mini-snippets that you saw in the TV broadcast ending. However, at the end, past the credits, it shows Haruka on the hill under the tree, standing there she turns around gets this surprised look on her face as tears roll down her cheeks, and then she smiles. Fade to black...

In other words, it leaves itself up for interpretation that the story she wrote was indeed about her life and how the ending fulfilled her real-life wishes. She and her friends did meet again under that tree on the hill.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website    Back_to_top 
Tabris (#53299)
AnimeNfo Scout

Woweeeeeeee, I wanna see that one bit now. I think my version of KgNE doesn't have that *checks* Nope I don't Sad.

I just had to delete and repost to try grab somebodies attention (and because editing it doesn't count as a new post so nobody would notice as well)

Anyway the added content:

I was looking around and I saw a KGNE bootleg but the seller said the running time was 350minutes when the normal is 300minutes and there was an 'added' SD Parody Scenes, I'm not sure what these are but I was wondering if anyone else can answer?

This is the cover for the DVD in question:

And this is the normal one:

Now, my math tells me that the normal KgNE series should be 336minutes long (14*24) making it 36minutes longer then the normal one (I'm guessing these guys are rounding down to the nearest hundred) and this one seems to be another 14minutes though I can't really imagine what it is made up of.

ZOMG! Lolicopter power!

PostPosted: 
Last Exile (#35342)
AnimeNfo Description Editor

The last DVD of Elfen Lied has a 14th episode.
The Love Hina Christmas DVD has the exclusive 25th episode that wasn't shown on TV.
.hack//SIGN has an extra episode on the last DVD

It's becoming a trend to add extra material on the last DVD, it seems

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email MSNM    Back_to_top 
Tabris (#53299)
AnimeNfo Scout

Yeah. I can't wait for the Elfen Lied OVA Very Happy.

As things turn out, the SD stood for Super Deformed (Why didn't I think about that?) and it is just a collection of the chibi character scenes at the end of the episode.

ZOMG! Lolicopter power!

PostPosted: 
Last Exile (#35342)
AnimeNfo Description Editor

Those chibis were funny. They helped you lighten up after each episode. The one with those increasingly bigger hammers hitting Haruka while sleeping were hilarious! Smile

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email MSNM    Back_to_top 
Immune (#70369)
AnimeNfo Peasant

I've seen the extended episode. It's not much, but there is some new content. More specifically an extended reading of the picture book at the end.

PostPosted: 
Inuliker (#48071)
AnimeNfo Peasant

yea the extended part is not much. The only thing extra is they show more about Haruka's book and past the credits, they show Haruka.

If ur a die-hard fan or a collector of KGNE, u would get the extended version. If u just like the anime, then no need to get it. Same goes with Akane Maniax (if they have one) and Muvluv (if they r making the anime)

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message AIM    Back_to_top 
Display_posts:   Sort_by:   
 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum » Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Jump_to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot