Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum
Has "NARUTO" been dub in english yet?
Moderators: AnimeNfo Forum Moderator
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Posts_count  
dave (#36456)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Has "NARUTO" been dub in english yet?

I like it better, if it been dub. Subtitle go's by so fast sometimes. so please help... thanks Very Happy

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message    Back_to_top 
Caddberry (#27690)
AnimeNfo Forum Administrator

officially no it hasnt been dubbed however look around for Fandubs.. They are usually very very bad from what i hear, but i have never tried one.. Some of them are hysterical though because they speak the wrong lines and say different things..

Anyway just so you know do not ask where to find the fan dubs that is not allowed on these forums.. Good luck in your quest.

Obey the forum Rules!
Find answers to your questions in the Forum FAQ

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email    Back_to_top 
Animal4890 (#469)
AnimeNfo Overlord

fandubs? I've never heard of them...

As for Naruto being dubbed, that's a scary thought. If and when Naruto makes it to Toonami it'll have the same DBZ-effect all over again times twenty.

PostPosted: 
aqzman (#7216)
AnimeNfo Scout

Ya, I watched a fan dub or two in my earley anime watching days... There pretty bad. Subs are the only way to go. IMO anyway

Well hopefully Naruto takes as long to get to toonami as DBZ did. Japan were finshed DBGT acouple years before North America even heard of DBZ. Not to say that I don't want people in North America to see Naruto but once everyone in North America has heard of Naruto then the greatness of it almost dies alittle. Err... I'm rambling.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Nifty (#29681)
AnimeNfo Overlord

The ridiculously bad fandub was listed on a website that lists fansubbed anime (dang, forgot I wasn't supposed to list places) for a period of time, but its gone now. I don't know who the group was that had originally done it so I can't suggest finding their site.

It looked like they put a lot of effort into it, but there were a few glaring problems. The one that I remember most was the voice actor for Iruka. The entire episode it seemed like he was standing ten feet away from the microphone and yelling into it, really odd result.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Caddberry (#27690)
AnimeNfo Forum Administrator

Moved to Naruto Section

Obey the forum Rules!
Find answers to your questions in the Forum FAQ

PostPosted: 
Arilou (#34809)
AnimeNfo Overlord

Nifty (#29681) :
The ridiculously bad fandub was listed on a website that lists fansubbed anime (dang, forgot I wasn't supposed to list places) for a period of time, but its gone now. I don't know who the group was that had originally done it so I can't suggest finding their site.

It looked like they put a lot of effort into it, but there were a few glaring problems. The one that I remember most was the voice actor for Iruka. The entire episode it seemed like he was standing ten feet away from the microphone and yelling into it, really odd result.

Uhm, if what my friend tells me is correct those fandubs weren't serious...

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message MSNM 
Friday Hefler (#4995)
AnimeNfo Scout

About subtitles

I find that different groups have different timing (the length and time placement of the subtitles). Some groups (names will not be mentioned) have better timing than other groups.

Generally, if a group (this is generally mind you, I'm not looking to make enemies) takes a little more time putting together a fansub, it tends to be of better quality. Though some groups can do a great job in 24 hours.

You might not want to grab the first one that becomes available, or get them all, and compare groups (there are at least 4 working on Naruto). It's a fair way to get the best results, I have my favorite subing groups and generally find their quality consistant.

But, after that once you find the best subs for you (timing and readability), that's about all you can do, except change yourself. The more practice you get with subs the better you get. I grew up on subs (being a lifelong drifter), but my girlfriend really hated them at first, but after a few years, she, like me no longer really sees them (just absorbs them as she watches), and has no problem with them when she is tired, drunk, or even when knitting and such. It's just practice.

After a while you'll learn to really dislike dubs. I have friends who like them when they are too tired or busy or drinking, but never when they are actually watching. Besides, rarely does the voice script flow well, and even good voice actors often don't get what their acting about.

Try some of the more obscure DVD's with Dubs, and watch dubs with subs, you'll see glaring discrepancies. It's really quite funny. Dubs tend to be more idomatic and "American-ized" for broader appeal, often changing Japanese references and motivations to more universal or western ones so Americans can relate better to the story. But, if we wanted American stories and entertainment, we wouldn't be avidly collecting Japanese TV.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email YIM    Back_to_top 
Display_posts:   Sort_by:   
 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum
Jump_to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot