AnimeNfo
 AnimeNfo Forums 

Current_time

Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Didn't This Season Feel...Incomplete?
Moderators: AnimeNfo Forum Moderator
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Posts_count   Goto_page: 1, 2 Next
Rx (#82062)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Didn't This Season Feel...Incomplete?

To me it felt as if it couldn't (& wouldn't) end there. I'm excited for season 4 (who isn't?). But my question is didn't TSR feel unfinished?

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message    Back_to_top 
cranston (#84421)
AnimeNfo Description Editor

Re: Didn't This Season Feel...Incomplete?

Rx (#82062) :
To me it felt as if it couldn't (& wouldn't) end there. I'm excited for season 4 (who isn't?). But my question is didn't TSR feel unfinished?
Since you asked, I'm not excited. I was disappointed with TSR. Hopefully season 4 will be better.

I believe TSR finished exactly where they wanted to. It was clearly the end of the arc.

Two elements make an anime great: romance and moe!
My anime collection (with ranking) and visual novel CGs!

PostPosted: 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

It's as complete as complete comes.

Why should there even be a season 4? Who will be the new baddie? Leonard? Seriously, if a season 4 comes along and it's all action again, I will be rather pissed off. I hope it will be more like Fumoffu, and feature more of Tessa.

I was quite disappointed with TSR. Only the animation saved it from disgrace. I don't feel like it was a very good plot, and the baddies were rather lame.

The Rules Are Here! Read Them!
Here Are the FAQs. Read Them Too!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email    Back_to_top 
Rosepetals (#42525)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

I was rather disappointed with TSR as well. Not just the plot, but a few of the characters seemed...well...out of sync. The twins were somewhat intriguing on a surface level, but digging deeper were flat. The main villiain was a little creepy (and not really in the sense of being scary, but more perturbing). Sousuke seemed out of his element, especially in the last few episodes...it wasn't something I expected, true, but I didn't really like his characterization in the last part. I don't know if it was just me, but I found something odd in that venture.

"I am not sure why I am so attracted to roses...but roses are romantic. Just like the flower, my music is on the borderline between reality and escapism"
-Rie Fu

Reviews
Remember to read the Rules and FAQ.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website AIM MSNM 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

rosepetals19 (#42525) :
I was rather disappointed with TSR as well. Not just the plot, but a few of the characters seemed...well...out of sync. The twins were somewhat intriguing on a surface level, but digging deeper were flat. The main villiain was a little creepy (and not really in the sense of being scary, but more perturbing). Sousuke seemed out of his element, especially in the last few episodes...it wasn't something I expected, true, but I didn't really like his characterization in the last part. I don't know if it was just me, but I found something odd in that venture.

Same here.

I actually referred to Sagara as a "lame duck" in the TSR discussion thread.

As for the baddie with the lousy hair-style, he was just lame. Instead of coming across as sinister, he's just... lame. Lame and idiotic.

PostPosted: 
Avalanche (#92065)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

I honestly have no idea why is there so badmouthing of this series. This is entertainment and plz look at it that way. Yes there are flaws - there are many MANY flaws. But it was much better than the prequel - I guess even you fellows will agree with that. And don't forget - Chidori and Sousuke are very popular as anime characters, so there is obviously going to be a huge fan following.

As for the plot, I guess (or rather hope) that there will be a sequel. If there isnt - I'll be re-rating TSR down by a point.

For me, TSR was very good entertainment. I like the Sagara and Chidori. And what they undergo in TSR and how they come out of it was good entertainment. Fleshing out of characters, wrong characterization - leave that for the heavy philosphical series. TSR is entertainment (like X-Men Movies). Expecting Shawshank Redemption out of X-Men would be stupidity on your part. So watch it keeping the context in mind.

*You have heard of Shawshank right? Else the entire comparison will become a farce...*

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email YIM    Back_to_top 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

avalnanche (#92065) :
But it was much better than the prequel

Are you talking about the quality of the animation? If you are, then I'll agree with you.

Otherwise, in terms of plot, staying true to characterization (my main gripe here is with Sagara), pacing, etc, it sucked.

PostPosted: 
Stick (#5576)
AnimeNfo Forum Administrator

well, the story was decent. It wasn't great by any means but it's a hell of alot better than some other shows i've watched in the past.

Also, personally, the whole reason i like FMP is because of the first season not because of the Fumoffu which i mainly consider to be filler more or less. The whole idea of FMP was to create an action based anime with a decent story line. While TSR wasn't everything i hoped it would be, it was fairly good.

PostPosted: 
Avalanche (#92065)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

Ken Hayashi (#52012) :

Are you talking about the quality of the animation? If you are, then I'll agree with you.

Otherwise, in terms of plot, staying true to characterization (my main gripe here is with Sagara), pacing, etc, it sucked.

TSR! plot and characters IMO, are way better than the prequel. While FMP! had a sporadic storyline comprising various arcs (Hijacking, Behemoth, Homeland etc.) almost unrealted to each other. TSR had a single story. By no means was it perfect, but good enough to keep me glued to my seat.

I found Sagara's character to be dealt with OKayish. Yes the sudden transistion from soldier to heartbroken-guy was sudden. But I didnot find it repulsive/boring.

Some people say that the villians were not fleshed out, but then to flesh out a villain like Gates would be a journey into madness. The guy was a nut - and his antics amusing (at least in my book).

PostPosted: 
Rosepetals (#42525)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

avalnanche (#92065) :
Ken Hayashi (#52012) :

TSR! plot and characters IMO, are way better than the prequel. While FMP! had a sporadic storyline comprising various arcs (Hijacking, Behemoth, Homeland etc.) almost unrealted to each other. TSR had a single story. By no means was it perfect, but good enough to keep me glued to my seat.

I found Sagara's character to be dealt with OKayish. Yes the sudden transistion from soldier to heartbroken-guy was sudden. But I didnot find it repulsive/boring.

Some people say that the villians were not fleshed out, but then to flesh out a villain like Gates would be a journey into madness. The guy was a nut - and his antics amusing (at least in my book).

While I didn't think TSR was my cup of tea, I somewhat see where you're coming from. I wouldn't call this series awful, but I wouldn't call it the best FMP series to date. It keeps you engaged when watching, but I didn't like the sequencing of events and plotline. While linear in focus, it felt a bit too awkward in some respects, with characterization and progression.

I remember in one of the last parts of the series the villain (can't remember his name offhand): *spoiler*

:
...was dangling the dead body of one of the sisters in his armored suits hand and that scene where he broke her arm....I didn't like that scene at all and didn't find it amusing >_> Sure, he was a nutcase, but how did he get to be so sick in terms of mentality is what my mind wants to question. Granted, I can't expect so much depth from FMP, but I think that would've been a good point to explore...and at least give a little bit more background on who these guys were and what their motive was...but then again, it was explored briefly, but I didn't feel much of a connection to it.

Another part where I thought was a bit farfetched: *spoilers*

:
Why did Chidori all of a sudden show up where Sagara was and knock him senseless? XD Granted, I'll admit it was somewhat amusing, but considering the scene right before that was so serious, it made the transition really awkward. It seemed too settling for the ending overall...and I didn't like the timing or sequencing of it.

Granted, I liked that TSR gave a bit more clarifying romantic element between Sagara and Chidori, especially with the scene where Sagara punched his computer realizing he couldn't protect Chidori anymore with the order from Mithril...that made for an interesting setup where Chidori had to fend for herself, especially against the twin whom she shot. But I felt, on some levels, it was weakly contrived due to the weakness of the villains...you really don't know that much about them through the series...they just seem like they're there and that's it. No sense of identity and very little sense of true, engaging conflict. It may be good to watch in "for the moment" but not really in terms of going the extra mile.

Oh, one more point...there was the girl that Sagara engaged who looked just like Chidori....granted I know the intentions of that encounter was to establish a point of tension between Sousuke's desire to protect and be with Chidori, but it came across to me as rather weakly contrived....Sagara didn't seem like that sort of character and it just didn't seem to fit in any respects.

"I am not sure why I am so attracted to roses...but roses are romantic. Just like the flower, my music is on the borderline between reality and escapism"
-Rie Fu

Reviews

PostPosted: 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Rose! Very well-said. I guess I don't have to explain my stand anymore if I just quote your post. Laughing

I would like to summarize this by pointing out the following:

1. The villians were really weak. No sense of purpose. They were not fleshed out. Gates came across as more idiotic than sinister (I've said this before many times). The twins were nothing more than eye candy. Leonard's purpose was never at all explained.

2. Major inconsistencies to the characterizations, as Rose pointed out. WTF was Sagara doing with a hooker in Hong Kong? Kurz is a lot less comical here than he was in FMP.

@Rose

:
Chidori was brought to Hong Kong by Mao. This is revealed in the scene where Mao was chatting with the HK intelligence officer. Chidori actually arrived in HK about the time when the final battle starts. Remember the scene when the intelligence officer's underling opens the door to his office and informs him that someone was there to see him, then we hear Chidori's usual loud voice.

PostPosted: 
Rosepetals (#42525)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

*knocks self lightly on the head* I remember that scene now; since you reminded me of it, it answers my question clearly. Laughing Thanks, Ken.

-Rie Fu

Reviews

PostPosted: 
cranston (#84421)

While I don't disagree with Rose's posts on TSR's shortcomings, I can't say that I'm hoping for, or even expecting, FMPF.

To answer Ken's question, I'm pretty certain that there will be a sequel. Assuming that the financing is there. TSR was based on the FMP novel, and the plot in the novel is very much advanced. Leonard is a bad guy. We all know that. Mithril needs to deal with him and, in TSR, Mithril hasn't even become aware of his existence.

BTW A prequel is a sequel but about events which occur before the events depicted in the original.

PostPosted: 
simon (#39337)
AnimeNfo Overlord

am i the only one that enjoyed the TSR?
In my useless opinion the TSR was better then the first series and was just inches below Fumoffu.

Why?

TSR was a good action movie with some smart humour. First series was like a Superman movie with Family Guy's jokes. It just didn't fit and the action was pretty much lame. It wasn't far from a random mecha anime for kids. TSR on the other hand was more (in the beggining at least) realistic. The action was more mature. Especially in the episodes in the underwater tunnel.
It's pretty much impossible to explain why it was better so i will just say that i liked it pretty much. Smile

PostPosted: 
SupraGuy (#92823)

TSR had some promising points to it. Then failed to deliver on those promises. There wasn't a bad guy who really stood to challenge the organisation. Other than some advanced hardware (Disposed of with relative ease once Sagara Souske got onto equal footing) the bad guys had nothing. Messed up Twins, and an even more messed up "boss" guy who was almost as much detriment to his own side as anything else. As an action show, it may have been more accurate, but really it was totally one-sided.

If you look at it as a character drama, it would really be about how screwed up Souske is, and how he deals with it. I saw a lot of promise there, and then...
Spoiler :
"Oh. Chidori's back so everything is good now." BZZZZT! That just plain did not ring true. To me, Souske with the Hong Kong hooker was in many ways far more consistent with what had happened up 'till then, complete with the drinking and leaving without "Finishing the mission" so to speak.

Clearly there are many unresolved issues at the end of TSR, which may or may not be resolved in a third series. I get the feeling that "Wraith" still has a major part to play.

Have you read the Rules? How about the FAQ? If not, why not?

Anime Girls Character Battle Results!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message 
cranston (#84421)

SupraGuy (#92823) :
I get the feeling that "Wraith" still has a major part to play.
Prepare to be disappointed.

~cranston (anything more'd be a spoiler)

PostPosted: 
Avalanche (#92065)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

SupraGuy (#92823) :
Clearly there are many unresolved issues at the end of TSR, which may or may not be resolved in a third series. I get the feeling that "Wraith" still has a major part to play.

I don't know if Wraith will have an important role or not, but the series is far from over. Infact the novels by the author are still coming out. Three more novels have been released after where we have been left of in FMP! TSR (which follwed the Day by Day novels). Who knows, we may have a release of FMP: third raid by next year....

The latest novel's name is Continuing on My Own. Must admit that atleast the name makes it quite serious. But then again, they often say that one should not judge a book by it's cover.

PostPosted: 
cranston (#84421)

avalnanche (#92065) :
The latest novel's name is Continuing on My Own. Must admit that atleast the name makes it quite serious. But then again, they often say that one should not judge a book by it's cover.
A bit outdated. The one after CoMO is called Burning One Man Force.

~cranston (BOMF? anyone?)

PostPosted: 
Avalanche (#92065)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

oooh! I did not know this! I guess that makes the hopes for a new series more probable. 2007 perhaps?

PostPosted: 
Talon (#110757)
AnimeNfo Peasant

I liked TSR.

I feel that there was a lot left unsaid in TSR but I couldn't stop watching. Yeah it didn't give much depth on any of the baddies but think about what strings were pulled and by who to get the baddies what they needed. That element is what this series seemed to work around. And everyone is more serious this season. It happens when your best guy has lost it since seeing comrades get slaughtered and is faced with a similar situation. Then no body laughs. I really think that this one had played out well.

On a side note I have never seen the books this series is based from so can't compare it to that. But as far as what I had seen it made focus of what was needed to bring in another season. Smile

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website YIM    Back_to_top 
SupraGuy (#92823)

No, we got a good sized hint of a new baddie on the horizon, and then ... nothing. No resolution.

The analyst/critic in me is expecting that it will need to be Tessa that ultimately deals with this, rescuing Souske from getting his rear end handed to him on a platter, but I have no real basis for this. Apparently the manga goes on, but I know nothing of future events, so this isn't a spoiler, just a hypothesis. Maybe somewhat hopeful, too. I'm sure it'd be great fun to see Tessa open up a big ol' can of whoop-ass.

Have you read the Rules? How about the FAQ? If not, why not?

Anime Girls Character Battle Results!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message 
mamak101 (#114224)
AnimeNfo Scout

This season did feel incomplete O.o Anyone know when they're releasing a new season?

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message MSNM    Back_to_top 
Styledatol (#113447)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Incomplete... now that I think of it, it did. But every time I remember the last battle scene, I forget about the shortcomings.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message MSNM    Back_to_top 
SousukeSagara (#115437)
AnimeNfo Peasant

You all are right people but in almost all i agree with alvalnanche, just remember this people, FMP creation staff, all story makers and graphic quality dudes are profesionals, btw i didnt read all posts here in this thread.

To the ones that said that the baddies have bad characterization:

Im quite interested in what all you said but believe me, im a profesional manga maker, i go to places to see who'll accept my work and is really frustrating that some1 starts talking cocky about ur creation,as im a professional and taken a lot of studies to learn how to draw like god's hand, i must accept im not the best at storymaking but i know all the stereotypical profilings and i'll list em here

1. Childhood Friend
Description: This character goes way back with the main character and generally they grew up together their whole life. Usually, they are just seen as a younger sister or older brother but that view changes during the course of the game generally triggered by the childhood friend going out with an arch nemesis. In some cases, the childhood friend may have moved away but appears later in the main characters life, sparking a love interest.

2. The Rich One
Description: This character is one of the richest person in the story (opposite gender of main character). The other tends to be your arch nemesis (same gender as main character). This character type can go from being a snob or being the sweetest person but normally, more the former than latter are seen in ren'ai games. They also are the most fashionably dressed, highly eloquent, and well groomed of all the characters.

3. The Shy Person
Description: This person is quiet, shy, and is usually a push over. May or may not stammer but will usually run away after a few sentences. This archetype can be coupled with another type such as nerd (#23).

4. Jock
Description: The athletic person who tends to be in every sport team available. Can usually be found in the gym, court, the field, park, beach, or other place relating to sports.

5. Exotic Exchange Student
Description: From another country studying at your school, the exchange student generally isn't completely fluent in the local language and tend to have an accent.

6. Baka Hentai
Description: This type of character tends to be the main character in bishoujo ren'ai games. Usually can be found doing perverted actions such as lifting up girls skirts, peeking into the girls changing room, landing on a females chest or at her crotch, and tends to be looked down upon by everyone except for maybe one friend.

7. Dreamer
Description: Someone who isn't in touch with reality and tends to be lost in another thought or daydream. May be naive, forgetful, and idealistic.

8. Lone Wolf
Description: The loner who usually has a serious or scowling demeanor. May or may not be looked-up to by others and is generally imposing and unapproachable. Doesn't talk a lot.

9. Sex Magnet
Description: This is the person every one of the opposite sex is drooling over. Tends to have attributes the other sex admires such as a muscular or a curvy physique. Tend to be a flirt or player and generally has people surrounding him or her. This type is dressed up to the nines and may even be dressed provocatively or daringly.

10. Tragic Figure
Description: The character whose led a rough life and usually has a big wall surrounding his or her heart. Tends to be grounded (i.e. faced with harsh reality), street-smart, and independent. This person tend to be living alone and is working hard to survive in the world.

11. The Celebrity
Description: A famous person who may be taking a break in his or her career, hiding out incognito, or just plain want to have a normal life. Their celebrity background may be from music artist, acting, modeling, or other high profile careers.

12. The Popular One
Description: The most popular person at school is looked up to by everyone and is generally liked by all as well. They tend to be outgoing, gregarious, from a good family background, well dressed, have a magnetic personality, and is in more than one club.

13. Professor
Description: The admired teacher in your class if not the whole school. Tends to be on the main characters case for poor grades and better expectations.

14. Lolita
Description: A girl, usually your best friend's younger sister, who looks and acts like a little child. Usually short, peppy, and cute looking.

15. Friend's Older Sibling
Description: Generally the opposite sex of the main character, the older sibling has the appeal of being more mature and mayhap even cool. The main character may have encountered older sibling while growing up with best friend or may not know about older sibling until quite recently.

16. Girl or Boy-Next-Door
Description: The all-around average and totally relatable person-next-door. This person's character tends to match or compliment that of the main character. Usually matched with #1 Childhood Friend.

17. Romantic
Description: All this person is into is love. From the characters demeanor, actions, dress, and even manners - its nothing but romantic.

18. Party Animal
Description: This person does nothing but have fun and party all the time. Usually well-liked, outgoing, sociable, gregarious, funny, and takes nothing seriously. May also be popular.

19. Immortal
Description: A being that lives forever, this person is generally not to be found in any normal situation or time. Finding this person and getting their ending tends to be difficult as well. Immortal types: Gods/Goddesses, Vampires, Angels, etc.

20. Magic Girl
Description: The average girl with the magic powers to transform into a super-powered-crime-fighting-machine with fancy attacks and short, revealing outfits. Magic Girl may also be extended to females with magic powers in general such as witches.

21. Over-Achiever
Description: The person who, amazingly, is doing it all: high grades, athletic competitor, after-school club member, class president, etc. Usually combined with #12, The Popular One.

22. Older Love Interest
Desciption: This person tends to be much older than the main character in age and in experience. The personality may or may not equate with the character's age.

23. Nerd
Description: The smartest or at least one of the smartest person in the whole game, the nerd tends to wear spectacles and is loaded down with books and/or computer related items. May or may not be a push over and tends to dress conservatively.

24. The Selfless/Righteous Person
Description: The selfless person who loves to help others in need. Is usually sweet, naive, idealistic, righteous, and have a good-sense of self. Tends to stand up to bullys and will fight for what he/she believes in whole-heartedly.

25. Frail or Anemic Person
Description: The soft-spoken weak character in the game. Usually pale and frail looking, this character may collapse at any time. Could also be absent for periods of time to recover from his or her illness. This person could go beyond frail and actually be terminal with a certain amount of time left to live.

26. Forbidden Loved One
Description: The main character is in love with ones sibling. They may truly be siblings or is actually not related at all.

27. Cat Girl
Description: A cat girl, much like immortals, is hard to find and get an ending for. May be wearing a cat suit (i.e. human face and body with a cat suit, cat ears, cat tail, and cat paws) or is an actual furry cat girl (i.e. all cat from eyes, nose, and body).

TSR and FMP1 have very good story and stereotypes first of all thank to all the staff for making this serie, the one we are talking about.

PostPosted: 
Ch1pPy™ (#106014)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Well thank you capt. obvious. Most of us know that already.

Thanks for listing th... I mean... copy pasta-ing those. Rolling Eyes

http://mangatutorials.com/tut/renai.htm

Still, it's good to know that we have a manga-maker and a student cartoonist on this forum. Wink

PostPosted: 
SousukeSagara (#115437)
AnimeNfo Peasant

You are right, im sorry i didnt posted the link, i couldnt remember all the steretypes that i knew i just knew 10 and im quite impressed of the contain of that page.
Very nice page, there's where i learnt a lot on how to draw, i recommend it, im sorry if i disturbed anyone of you.

Nice to meet you btw.

PostPosted: 
Rosepetals (#42525)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

SousukeSagara (#115437) :
You are right, im sorry i didnt posted the link, i couldnt remember all the steretypes that i knew i just knew 10 and im quite impressed of the contain of that page.
Very nice page, there's where i learnt a lot on how to draw, i recommend it, im sorry if i disturbed anyone of you.

Nice to meet you btw.

Don't worry about it Sousuke, and you didn't disturb anyone in the least; it's nice to meet you on the forums as well (I can tell you really like FMP Smile )

@Ch1ppy, you're leaning on a wing and a prayer, bud. *shakes head* At least he's nice enough to come back and say those weren't his descriptions. Go easy on the lad, ne? Wink

-Rie Fu

Reviews

PostPosted: 
Ch1pPy™ (#106014)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

SousukeSagara (#115437) :

Nice to meet you btw.

Sure no prob, I just did you a favor posting the link because you seem to have forgotten it. That didn't made you mad right?

I always copy paste stuffs too, it's much easier so no worries.

Anyho, so you're a pro? Can you show me some of your works? I'd love to see them.

@Rose

What did I do this time? Sad

PostPosted: 
Annűniel (#90354)

Ch1pPy™ (#106014) :
Well thank you capt. obvious. Most of us know that already.

Thanks for listing th... I mean... copy pasta-ing those. Rolling Eyes

http://mangatutorials.com/tut/renai.htm

I think Rose was refering to this statement. It's a bit venomous and harsh.

My Anime Blog
My Book Blog
I like our party better. The dress code is easier and I know all the steps.
I want your Wii Stick!
It'll be an adventure!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website AIM YIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Chippy, this post is just to let you know that I'm watching you. Don't be too harsh or rude to the new members. You've had enough warnings already. If you wish to continue checking back in here, you'd better pull your socks up and stop being an ass.

PostPosted: 
Radi$ (#115547)
AnimeNfo Peasant

im bad you know i am XD

i hope there will be alot more of tessa in the next series... also, who thinks that souske should have a 3some with chidori and tessa Very Happy ahh.. and what would happen if you threw melisa in there Twisted Evil Razz

oh and also.. any one know when the new series is going to be released?

PostPosted: 
bloodyrain (#114484)
AnimeNfo Peasant

As far as I know they haven't officially announced anything else for FMP to be released. Although it would be cool if they did another Fumoffu type release except they use some stuff from the Full Metal Panic Overload manga. That would be awesome.

Where is the invisible line we must draw to create individual thought patterns?

PostPosted: 
Radi$ (#115547)
AnimeNfo Peasant

so we aint sure that there will be a 4rth series?

PostPosted: 
ChrisP (#116257)
AnimeNfo Peasant

I think it was complete for the purpose of the story showing Sousoke's coming of age and learning his true goals and potentials. I liked the story and it was entertaining.

PostPosted: 
Avalanche (#92065)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

Radi$ (#115547) :
so we aint sure that there will be a 4rth series?

No one can say for sure - atleast from where we are sitting. Most comapnies remain rather tight-lipped on developements on upcoming anime. Even if they do come out with information, it would be most probably on Japanese language sites.

But consdiering from the huge fan following FMP! enjoys in Japan (and abroad), a 4th series would most likely be welcomed by almost everyone. Now it remains for the anime studios to decide. But considering how many popular series (GTO, Rurouni Kenshin) have not had follow ups - it would not be surprising to have no more FMP franchise.

PostPosted: 
Radi$ (#115547)
AnimeNfo Peasant

You speak sense Smile

PostPosted: 
SousukeSagara (#115437)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Thnx guys i was really worried about you all, i mean how would you act after i copied that stuff. Confused
You all are right i like a lot FMP, is my favorite serie i really have a problem to know which is a manga or which is a anime serie, from the series i like the most are:
Very Happy
-Ragnarok (Mythical Sleuth Loki)
-FMP Fumoffu
-FMP The second raid
-Full Metal Panic
-Hungry Heart
-Naruto
-Final Fantasy Unlimited + all the video games
-Saikano
-Burst Angel
-Full Metal Alchemist
-Bleach (i havent seen it but i think i'ld like it)
-Gantz (Yeah....im a bit sadist)
-Stratos 4
-Dear Boys
-Initial D
-Wolf's Rain
-The Prince of Tennis
-Saint Seiya
-Samurai 7

Smile
And some oldies like:

-Demon Lord Dante
-Amon
-Ghenma Wars
-Babel II: Beyond Infinity
-Gun Frontier
-Cosmic Warrior Zero
-Martian Succesor Nadesico
-Dragon Ball Z
-Dragon Ball GT
-Dragon Ball

PostPosted: 
SousukeSagara (#115437)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Very Happy Sure no problem, i can show you all my works and fan art i have made some pictures of Tessa and Kaname being bold with Sousuke lol Twisted Evil

I'll finish some works then i'll post 'em, btw sorry i dunno how to do that quote stuff lol
To tell you the thruth Ch1ppy i didnt went mad, instead of that i went a bit sad Sad but since you guys cheer me up there will be no prob.....right? Embarassed

PostPosted: 
SousukeSagara (#115437)
AnimeNfo Peasant

BTW rose & ken were very nice to me Very Happy thnx a lot, but pls dont get mad at chipy i know he was mean but either i was beacause of not posting the link either way thnx all for ur opinions

PostPosted: 
Avalanche (#92065)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

Yikes! A triple post!!! Don't do that! Laughing use the edit button, and combine all your posts. It is against the rules of the animefno forum to do this. And no double posting wither!

PostPosted: 
SousukeSagara (#115437)
AnimeNfo Peasant

lol Embarassed sorry i didnt knew, but i saw a post in which ken also told me, im really sorry i wont do it again anyway thnx for noticing me. Very Happy

PostPosted: 
Kieraganion (#120125)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Re: I liked TSR.

Talon (#110757) :
I feel that there was a lot left unsaid in TSR but I couldn't stop watching. Yeah it didn't give much depth on any of the baddies but think about what strings were pulled and by who to get the baddies what they needed. That element is what this series seemed to work around. And everyone is more serious this season. It happens when your best guy has lost it since seeing comrades get slaughtered and is faced with a similar situation. Then no body laughs. I really think that this one had played out well.

On a side note I have never seen the books this series is based from so can't compare it to that. But as far as what I had seen it made focus of what was needed to bring in another season. Smile

(I'm going to use your comment as launch pad for my own. XD)

The development of villains: The sisters, as far as I can tell, really served no other purpose than to provide fanservice (I.e the first episode), various cool action scenes, and support roles for other characters. Primarily Gate. It seems to me, as far as two of them are concerned, that people are trying to read do deeply into something that was never meant to be more than it was. I thought Gates, on the other hand, was a well developed villain. Sometimes insanity can be the most dangerous weapon, especially when mixed with intelligence, and that's certainly most evident here. The whole bit with the apple and the knife in his mouth for example, when discussing the importance of balance. I thought that was a rather interesting how they represented of his interpretation on philosophy (in general). And I also like the sub level of development here as his conversation was also about himself and his own personal balance between reason and insanity. He was doomed to fail from the beginning because he was unable to sort out the two. He was by no means a one dimensional villain. Slightly underdeveloped on the other hand, yes. But I think that had more to do with restrictions imposed on the developers to keep it under 13 episodes than it was simple lacking on their behalf (Had this been a 24/6 episode series then I think his character would have had a lot more powerful of an impression). I also think most of these villains, including Gates, were never meant to continue on beyond the purpose of providing various plot elements pertaining strictly to the story arch of TSR. Their roles had more to do with providing situations for the characters to over come then greatly expanding on the story itself (as a whole). Giving them all an indepth past I feel would have been irrelevant and pointless given their placement, and importance, in the plot.

Concerning the plot itself, I think it comes down to introspectivity more than it does underdevelopment. Some people were expecting an Anime much akin to the first series. Light hearted drama mixed with nifty action and a hefty dash of comedy. For TSR they chose to ditch certain elements introduce new ones. They chose instead to make it more serious, more dramatic, both in character development and story, and less comedic. Some people liked it and some people didn't. Did the changes work? That's ALL a mater of personal opinion.

(Speaking of personal opinions, I liked FMP:TSR for all the reasons I DIDN'T like FMP. Wink)

I also don't see why some people here are gripping about how odd Souske was acting. The main focus of TSR was character development. God forbid Souske actually decides to grow up a little. Rolling Eyes Though I will agree about the last episode. They could have done a much better job of wrapping that up than they did. Having Chidori pop up out of no where was not a good idea and it only went to throw off the atmosphere of the scene. And they certainly could have resolved the personal issues of self worth Souske was having a lot better than they did. But they also could have done a lot worse. I thought the whole thing with the hooker was a cool idea. It's all about looking at it from different directions which is obviously what they wanted you to do in the first place (this rings true with the entire series). Her character wasn't so much a hooker per say as it was a representation of Souske's subconscious desires (thus her striking resemblance to Chidori). Plus his own inner struggle manifested in him a desire to break from of his current situation be free. She was an extreme of the freedom he desired. She was also an opposite to Souske on a level of personality too. I could go on forever about this particular scene but essentially the entire situation dealing Souske and the Hooker was tantamount to progressing his decision on what he wanted to do with his life.

(Edit: Crap! It just occured to that I've never read the novels either. In fact I didn't know their was any until re-reading this thread. So base this opinion enitrely off the Anime Razz ...Aaaaiii!)

PostPosted: 
cranston (#84421)

The whole twin sister, Gates, hooker gig are found only in the anime. The novel is better at keeping things focused on Sousuke and Chidori while, in my opinion, the only thing those 3 elements served was to distract. Admittedly, the whole dam assault thing was one of TSR's high points.

The main problem I have with Gates is that it's difficult to imagine giving a psycho like him any real responsibility, much less a position of leadership. Remember, we're talking about an Illuminati-like organisation with superior resources, security, firepower, and what-not that makes Mithril seem like some third-world country's military. With people like Gates, how do they ever get anything done properly?

As for the twins, the full frontal nudity shot pretty much devalued their existence as well as TSR in general.

PostPosted: 
Kieraganion (#120125)
AnimeNfo Peasant

cranston (#84421) :
The whole twin sister, Gates, hooker gig are found only in the anime. The novel is better at keeping things focused on Sousuke and Chidori while, in my opinion, the only thing those 3 elements served was to distract. Admittedly, the whole dam assault thing was one of TSR's high points.

The main problem I have with Gates is that it's difficult to imagine giving a psycho like him any real responsibility, much less a position of leadership. Remember, we're talking about an Illuminati-like organisation with superior resources, security, firepower, and what-not that makes Mithril seem like some third-world country's military. With people like Gates, how do they ever get anything done properly?

As for the twins, the full frontal nudity shot pretty much devalued their existence as well as TSR in general.

(Woot! some one who knows about the Illuminati. guess I'm not alone in this world. XD)

I have have to say, and I agree, that despite being an interesting (in my opinion) character, his sanity was a little over the top. It seemed like they focused the entirety of the counterpart to the drama portrayed between the main characters entirely on him. And instead of providing any semblance of stability between the emotional aspects of the series, all it did was throw it off even more. Not enough to make it entirely implausible, but damn near close. His sudden switch between being bats***t insane and a total genius was a little to much to fully warrant him the position he held. Oddly enough it seemed to play off well in depicting the eventual decay (momentarily? I don't know, haven't gone beyond the series yet) of the orginization. Evil begets evil, is a general philosophical term, and he certainly played his roll in the destruction of the organization. Or at least temporary immobilization, as seen at the end.

The twin sisters seemed to be an emotional opposite to Gates chaotic emotional behavior. Or as best as I can tell, that was the idea. Except, again... Over the top. They came of completely dead, and totally unemotional. Which made their mission of revenge laughable. And I agree. I think the full frontal nudity, aside from fansevice, as if this animes' predecessors didn't have enough to began with, as a way saying "HEY! Check it out! Tits and blood! We're cool now!" They really could have done without. They didn't need that to present the obvious choice they had taken to up the maturity level of the series. Doesn't mean they were totally worthless. The fight scenes they were involved were awesome. Or at least I think so. And despite their lack of serious involvement in the plot, what few bits they did contribute we're fairly good.

PostPosted: 
cranston (#84421)

Kieraganion (#120125) :
he certainly played his roll in the destruction of the organization. Or at least temporary immobilization, as seen at the end.
That's also one of the weird things right there! Amalgam was a completely unknown element. On the other hand, they knew all about Mithril. That was already established in the first FMP series as TSR made it clear that Gauron and the traitor SRT aboard the Danaan were on Amalgam's payroll. That clearly demonstrated, in my mind, that Amalgam is the Illuminati of FMP and Mithril doesn't stand a chance. Read the novels if you want to know more. Especially CoMO.

PostPosted: 
Display_posts:   Sort_by:   
 Posts_count   Goto_page: 1, 2 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Jump_to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot