Forum_index » Artists Corner
Cover artist needed
Moderators: AnimeNfo Forum Moderator, Artist's Corner Moderator
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Posts_count  
Jasper (#40027)
AnimeNfo Warrior

Cover artist needed

Man, I haven't been in the artist corner for a while. Although it's kind of a shame that I usually post asking for something, instead of submitting artwork. But that's what I'm here for. I know, I know. Complain, laugh, whatever. This is a serious request though this time.
Anyways, on with the begging...
As you know from my oh, so wonderful signature (or you don't look at the sig and are just now finding out) I have a book that's getting ready to be published. But, here's where you come in. We're in need of a cover design. If you're up to the challenge, then post here or PM me for more details...I'm off to bed... Cool

Want to be my PM buddy?

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Manuel (#77615)
AnimeNfo Scout

uhm what kind of theme would you like? I can use both PS and pencils, colors and B/W. And what size does the cover has to be?

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message MSNM    Back_to_top 
Jasper (#40027)
AnimeNfo Warrior

The theme of the book has a kind of magical element to it....any medium would work for the cover since color publishing for the cover is free, but if you wanted to do illustrations for the inside of the book (like character illustrations, maps, whatever... they would have to be black and white). We haven't decided on what size to use yet, but it's either going to be 4.18 x 6.88 inches or 5x8 inches. Thanks for the offer by the way. Very Happy

Want to be my PM buddy?

PostPosted: 
Sabrina (#85447)
AnimeNfo Overlord

Thats kind of cutting it short for a deadline...

.....Gonna sleep till the moon wakes me up.....

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message YIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Jasper (#40027)
AnimeNfo Warrior

Actually, that's deadline one and is just for Victoria and I to have all written parts ready for editing, but if you (or anyone else) want to submit something by the 24th of March then by all means go for it... The second, real deadline is in April (probably the second week after we get back from senior trip around the 15th) when we hope to have all written stuff edited and possible cover page/ illustrations ready before the final publications. Does that help?

Want to be my PM buddy?

PostPosted: 
Sabrina (#85447)
AnimeNfo Overlord

you should post the story or send it to someone thats interested cause they should know what you want and are looking for.
As well they should understand the story themselves if you want more than a cover page done.

You should make a small package up for the illustrator of information on the characters and parts of the story that you want illustrated as well you should put anything else you want.

.....Gonna sleep till the moon wakes me up.....

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message YIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Jasper (#40027)
AnimeNfo Warrior

Thanks for the suggestion, we were just discussing that this morning. We do have a list of characters and descriptions and I'll post that ASAP. Also, we are still working on choosing which scenes for illustration and I'll include excerpts of those scenes as well as possible suggestions for what could go on the cover as well as what needs to go on the cover.... I'll probably have those later tonight.

update: packety things ready to go PM me for details or a copy

Want to be my PM buddy?

PostPosted: 
Display_posts:   Sort_by:   
 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Forum_index » Artists Corner
Jump_to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot