AnimeNfo
 AnimeNfo Forums 

Current_time

Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum » Neon Genesis Evangelion
Question about Evangelion animes (Spoilers inside)
Moderators: AnimeNfo Forum Moderator
Post_new_topic   Topic_locked View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Posts_count  
Freddy C (#31563)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Question about Evangelion animes (Spoilers inside)

Hi, i just wanted to know what these are:

Neon genesis Evangelion
The end of evangelion
Death and rebirth

i know NGE is the tv series and from what i can gaher, death and rebirth is an alternate ending? so is the end of evangelion an extended ending of the tv series?

i just wanted to know which order was i SUPPOSE to see them in, im really confused.

I put a spoiler warning in the thread title, which is something you should have done a very long time ago, freddy.

-Stick

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email MSNM    Back_to_top 
simon (#39337)
AnimeNfo Overlord

1)26 ep of NGE - (normal episodes)
2)repeat those episodes
3)death and rebirth - (review of the first 24 ep. in one movie) once will be enough.
4)End Of Evangelion -(last two ep. wilder shown) you should see it about emmm 5 times to fully understand...and don't reject it because you don't understand like most people do.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email    Back_to_top 
Freddy C (#31563)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

i see thanks simon, im not sure i will see it more than once though, i probabl wouldnt have the time and i just have too much animes to watch, but i'll try.

PostPosted: 
akinkhoo (#23493)
AnimeNfo Peasant

it is not really an alternative ending...

it is the same ending from a different point of view... because they ran out of money so they just scretch out a "cheaper" ending for the TV series ... Embarassed when the fan started complaining, the ending was remade as a movie with a certain Twisted Evil (you ask for it Evil or Very Mad ) Twisted Evil added in...

i just loved how EVA-02 got its end... Rolling Eyes Arrow Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message    Back_to_top 
simon (#39337)
AnimeNfo Overlord

akinkhoo (#23493) :

ouch Rolling Eyes Arrow Twisted Evil

but trully it was shock for me....my best character just died and in so cruel way.. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 
akinkhoo (#23493)
AnimeNfo Peasant

simon (#39337) :
akinkhoo (#23493) :

ouch Rolling Eyes Arrow Twisted Evil

but trully it was shock for me....my best character just died and in so cruel way.. Evil or Very Mad
me too, and that is why i like it! Twisted Evil :shock:

PostPosted: 
Xtrema (#39671)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Yeah, that was a shock to see everyone dies, especially the way Asuka get pecked.

BTW, what's the significance of Shinji jerking off to Asuka's body in the beginning of EoE besides shock value?

PostPosted: 
akinkhoo (#23493)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Xtrema (#39671) :
BTW, what's the significance of Shinji jerking off to Asuka's body in the beginning of EoE besides shock value?
that he is a LoSer... Embarassed
he pretty much said it himeself after that... Rolling Eyes

asuka during the instrumentality ask shinji did he look at her as food or something... Evil or Very Mad
pretty much a slap in his reality, that he was very bad inside.. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 
Freddy C (#31563)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

oh dear so many spoilers here...i better unsubscribe to this thread as i haven't seen Evan. yet.

PostPosted: 
CyBeR (#47560)
AnimeNfo Overlord

Shinji a loser...hm..he does have enough will to survive so that gives him a certain level above loser.maybe pathetic!Abd the wildest part is that he seeks confort in Asuka instead of somebody like Misato or Rei,to whom he felt more atached.

Death and Rebirth is,as it was said,just a review of the first 24 episodes,making a bridge between the Evangelion TV serie and The End of Evangelion.

Just like leeches off one another...to devour the self, to leave the body, exchanging our pleasure and pain in a forever repeating circle
Making love
Until all shall die out and we shall be dragged out of our eternal grave by the wrath of the END, judged and burnt by the light of the Supernova...we shall revive in another world"

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message MSNM    Back_to_top 
Freddy C (#31563)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Xtrema (#39671) :

when the hell was this? do you mean the end of EoE movie? when

:
shinji was on top of asuka?

PostPosted: 
rossoline (#40078)
AnimeNfo Warrior

Freddy C (#31563) :
Xtrema (#39671) :

:

Freddy, I guess I'll put this as a spoiler:

spoiler :
The scene in the very beginning when Shinji is in the hospital room with Asuka and he rolls her over and her breasts fall out, then you see Shinji looking down at his hand which is covered with semen. Then he says (rightly) "I'm so fucked up."

PostPosted: 
CyBeR (#47560)
AnimeNfo Overlord

Shini and Asuka...a very interesting relantionship!Even tough Asuka slaps him all around Shinji has feelings for her,varing from lust to confort in her simple presence.This must be one of the most interesting aspecs of Evangelion...sentiments thar are confuse and lead to despair in the end.

Just like leeches off one another...to devour the self, to leave the body, exchanging our pleasure and pain in a forever repeating circle
Making love
Until all shall die out and we shall be dragged out of our eternal grave by the wrath of the END, judged and burnt by the light of the Supernova...we shall revive in another world"

PostPosted: 
Freddy C (#31563)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

oh that one! my god then what does the bit at the end mean?

spoiler:

:
at the end of that movie, he's doing the same! he was on top of asuka and when asuka awoke, she said: that's sick or something, you have an over the shoulder shot of shinji and DON'T see his hands, anyone think so?

PostPosted: 
akinkhoo (#23493)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Freddy C (#31563) :

spoiler:

:
at the end of that movie, he's doing the same! he was on top of asuka and when asuka awoke, she said: that's sick or something, you have an over the shoulder shot of shinji and DON'T see his hands, anyone think so?
his hands were still on her neck Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 
Freddy C (#31563)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

akinkhoo (#23493) :
Freddy C (#31563) :

spoiler:

:
his hands were still on her neck Rolling Eyes

nope i just checked, it's not on her neck and she said: "how disgusting right at the end, shinji is also breathing hard (maybe crying or something else)

here: http://img39.photobucket.com/albums/v119/Freddy_C/EOE2.jpg

not on her neck

PostPosted: 
rossoline (#40078)
AnimeNfo Warrior

@Freddy:

EVA spoiler :
I'm pretty sure that he was crying in that scene, though I do think there is room to interpret his tears on her face as a type of (sick) sexual metaphor, since sexuality is a big topic in EVA. Besides, I think if Asuka woke up and saw Shinji busting a nut on her face, I don't think she would stay nearly as calm as she did. I think that scene at the end implicitly represents a good deal about both of those characters, sexually and otherwise, I thought it was a really good ending.

I'm glad that this stuff is coming up (absolutely no pun intended). I haven't really gotten the chance to discuss this anime with anybody yet. Are there any other things like that about it you have noticed?

PostPosted: 
simon (#39337)
AnimeNfo Overlord

wwowowowowowowowoowowow......i am shocked...what is going on here?? people you really think he masturbate at the end??!?!?!?!!?!?!?
:shock: :shock: :shock:

i don't know what to say...wow

if you want answers pm me i'll give you nice site with a lot good answers to your questions about evangelion...this one too...

wow..i am still in shock..wow....

i think i have to look in here more often....WOW

edit:

wow...

PostPosted: 
ahp (#43308)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

rossoline (#40078) :
Freddy C (#31563) :
Xtrema (#39671) :

:

spoiler :
The scene in the very beginning when Shinji is in the hospital room with Asuka and he rolls her over and her breasts fall out, then you see Shinji looking down at his hand which is covered with semen. Then he says (rightly) "I'm so fucked up."

Yeah, it's true.
:
Shinji was trying to wake Asuka up by shaking her, but then she rolled over and here clothes were open.. Then you can hear Shinji moaning for a while and then he looks at his hand covered by semen saying "I'm so terrible" or something similar. Rather sick in my opinion.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email Visit_website    Back_to_top 
simon (#39337)
AnimeNfo Overlord

ahp (#43308) :
rossoline (#40078) :
Freddy C (#31563) :
Xtrema (#39671) :

:

spoiler :

Yeah, it's true.
:
Shinji was trying to wake Asuka up by shaking her, but then she rolled over and here clothes were open.. Then you can hear Shinji moaning for a while and then he looks at his hand covered by semen saying "I'm so terrible" or something similar. Rather sick in my opinion.

so he do it and i think it is the best beggining of movie i have ever seen...where else you can find something like that? Very Happy

PostPosted: 
slippy (#46880)
AnimeNfo Overlord

I thought that introduction sequence was well-done. Yes it is reprehensible in a way, but it plays off his self-loathing, misogyny, and general angst with being 14 and spectacularly lonely/horny.

And it sets the tone of the movie, which is dark, darker . . . oblivion.

PostPosted: 
CyBeR (#47560)
AnimeNfo Overlord

The End Of Evangelion...probably the best anime movie I've seen so far.I've seen it 6 timesnowand stilllgoing to see it again>So many aspects of the film are yet to be understood that I want to see again for about 6 more times.
BTW:The correct phrase at the end is:
:
I feel sick!
by shinji if I'm not mistaken.

Making love

PostPosted: 
Edited_times_total
simon (#39337)
AnimeNfo Overlord

CyBeR (#47560) :
The End Of Evangelion...probably the best anime movie I've seen so far.I've seen it 6 timesnowand stilllgoing to see it again>So many aspects of the film are yet to be understood that I want to see again for about 6 more times.
BTW:The correct phrase at the end is:
:
I feel sick!
b y shinjiif I'm not mistaken.

by Asuka.....and this is a BIG SPOILER so mark it now. Freddy C you too -__- you surely don't want to know what is the last sentence of the movie you are watching.

PostPosted: 
18th Angel Kabaris (#48699)
AnimeNfo Peasant

SOMETHING I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopefully someone can answer this for me...

Jason Lee (the guy from all those Kevin Smith movies...

Is that the same as Jason C. Lee from the english verion of EoE? (voice of Aoba, also co-produced for ADV. theri voices are just so close, it has to be the same guy!

If anyone knows the answer please tell me, this is the last idea for somewhere to find out!

"It's hot."
"Yes"

PostPosted: 
steve0 (#135157)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Yeah,his hands were still on her neck..

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website    Back_to_top 
[AN]Wölf_Brother (#5002)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

Hey! Look! A 4 year old thread. Time for this one to retire.

My anime list: http://www.animenfo.com/myanimedb.php?userid=5002

Have a question? Read the FAQ. While you're at it read the rules too.

PostPosted: 
Display_posts:   Sort_by:   
 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Topic_locked View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum » Neon Genesis Evangelion
Jump_to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot