COWBOY BEPOP LIVE ACTION MOVIE!!!
Moderators: AnimeNfo Forum Moderator
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Posts_count  
Shinka (#128364)
AnimeNfo Description Editor

COWBOY BEPOP LIVE ACTION MOVIE!!!
The world has gone to hell

If you are still alive after reading that titles, I envy you. After I heard about this, I went into a coma and subsequently died. My ghost, obsessed with the subject, has came back, since my soul is unable to rest in peace, now that it is clear that Hollywood is out on a mission to destroy that which I love the most.

Link: http://ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=6571

------------------------------------------------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world"

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Oh... Hollow Wood again. What have they NOT destroyed? I heard they're even planning to do a live-action Akira.

God forbid.

The Rules Are Here! Read Them!
Here Are the FAQs. Read Them Too!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email    Back_to_top 
Drake (#126461)
AnimeNfo Warrior

Oh dear jesus, either sombody stops them or I'll start a fucking coalition of nations and go all out on their asses! They can't touch CB and they better not touch Akira.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email Visit_website AIM MSNM 
simon (#39337)
AnimeNfo Overlord

I was laughing so hard when I heard they're going to make a life action NGE. Laughing

Morons. The general idea of turning anime into a movie with life actors is a big and nasty FAIL. Weren't they thought in schools that animation is something impossible to turn into life action, just like sleep dreams cannot be imitated in sane reality.

PostPosted: 
Avalanche (#92065)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

I want a Love Hina Live Action Movie! Laughing Laughing

Banal fantasies aside, this is just fail. You know what? Akira just might work. NGE (were it a trilogy) also might work. But Cowboy Bebop is bound to fail. You know why? here's why (spoilers ahead):

:
Cowboy Bebop is not a plot oriented anime. Its a character oriented one with Faye, Jet and Spike getting large amounts of development. Jet - his long lost love, his arm - take two episodes. Faye and her past take a full two episodes. Spike and his past take a good 5 episodes. Just how can you develop three characters in two and a half hours?

Mind you, there have been some brilliant character oriented movies - Taxi Driver is one which comes instantly to my lips but even that was just one character. And even a veteran director like Martin Sorcese admitted that it was not an easy movie to make. Which brings us to the question: just which idiot even thought of making CB into a 2.5 hour movie?

This said, who will play Faye Valentine? Keira Knightley might look good in Faye's outfit. Wink

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email YIM    Back_to_top 
Shinka (#128364)

Drake (#126461) :
and they better not touch Akira.

Unfortunately, thats a reality, its happeninig. But I have to admit that I'm quite curious as to how they'll turn out. It could be interesting.

simon (#39337) :
I was laughing so hard when I heard they're going to make a life action NGE. Laughing

I was crying hoplessly. To this day I pray they decide to abandon the project, and I'm not even religous!

Avalanche (#92065) :
NGE (were it a trilogy) also might work.

I dont know, its too complicated; and frankly, I dont think they'd be able to pull anything even decent enough.

In regards to your spoiler Aval, I completly agree with you.

Avalanche (#92065) :
This said, who will play Faye Valentine? Keira Knightley might look good in Faye's outfit. Wink

*drooooooooooooooooools* That'd be something nice to look forward to Very Happy Very Happy

Avalanche (#92065) :
I want a Love Hina Live Action Movie! Laughing Laughing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

PostPosted: 
Veleon (#124559)

certain anime can be adapted into live action. I think the live action Deathnote movies turned out rather well.

"I couldn't care less; I love Asuka!" -Me

The Anime Couple's Contest, I urge you...participate like you've never participated before!

PostPosted: 
LoStSouLs (#17272)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

and the L spin off too was pretty dang good.

Read And Enjoy The Rules Of This Forum
Read And Enjoy The Questions That Need Answering (FAQ)

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email Visit_website AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

@Aval

Actually, with Spike and co so famous already, they won't need to spend time doing character development or going into their back story. Just do like they did with the last CB movie and launch right into the action. They might lose a few non-fans but hey, you lose some you win some.

PostPosted: 
Shinka (#128364)

Well, regardless of how the project might turn out, I'm just dead against live actions. I'll go see them for the fuck of it, but I REALLY rather they did do them, Hollywood especially, but the japanese either XD. Anime is anime, why do they need to transport it into another media? Unnecesary in my opinion (its a monetary issue, I know)

Ken Hayashi (#52012) :
@Aval

Actually, with Spike and co so famous already, they won't need to spend time doing character development or going into their back story. Just do like they did with the last CB movie and launch right into the action. They might lose a few non-fans but hey, you lose some you win some.

I dont know how famous they are outside anime comunities, although I do admit that the story and the characters could hit very well with the american audience, but then again, as Aval said, a single movie is too little time.

PostPosted: 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Cowboy Bebop was kinda targetted at the American audience, with its blues music and what not. It was kinda like the Second Wave after Akira and GITS. The American public should have at least heard of it.

You could do a character-driven movie, with little action. Or an action movie, with shallow characters. But believe me, the whole idea behind the project is that "it sells". Meaning big income. Why else would they attempt something like that. Besides the domestic market, think about how that movie would see outside of the US? Especially with simultaneous release in many countries, so you don't have time for non-US audiences to catch up on the reviews. And marketing tie-ins. Toys? The Bebop would make a nice piece of display sitting next to Star Wars toys. And how about full-motion Spike figurines? A Spike hairdo you could put on your head? Plastic Jet bionic arm?

Look at Lego and their tie-ins with Star Wars. Now think about Hollywood doing this movie and then Mattel launching a whole series of toys. The potential is huge.

PostPosted: 
Shinka (#128364)

Which is why I hate them doing live actions. Of course its all about the money, what other reason is there? That is the whole purpose of the live actions. The anime themselves, they HAVE to be good in order to make money, which is why they focus and actually take care of the story (when they are not just plastering the same old crap in the same old frame).

I'm seriously starting to consider Aval's conspiracy theory as well Laughing

PostPosted: 
Slayer (#119568)

Can it get any worse than this?
Keanu Reeves of all people has shown interest in playing the role of Spike in the live action version.

More can be read here:-

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-12-17/keanu-reeves-hopes-to-star-in-live-action-cowboy-bebop

I dont care how good he was in Matrix,the point remains he would not do any justice to the role of Spike and I am sure very few from Hollywood could actually match the charisma of Spike.
What is with the sudden fascination of Holly to adapt manga and anime into live action movies-jeez! This is just going to be a massacre,I am dead sure of it.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message YIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Veleon (#124559)

To be honest. Steve Blum should just play Spike.

The Anime Couple's Contest, I urge you...participate like you've never participated before!

PostPosted: 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Reevs to play Spike?

OMG!

I think I'm gonna....

I don't know. This is just stupid.

No doubt Spike is not an Asian character (I mean, he hasn't got an Asian-sounding name, has he?), but I can't even imagine a Caucasian person playing the character.

PostPosted: 
fnord (#129232)
AnimeNfo Warrior

:
No doubt Spike is not an Asian character (I mean, he hasn't got an Asian-sounding name, has he?), but I can't even imagine a Caucasian person playing the character.

Actually, I would have to disagree here. Spike is probably one of the few characters were I saw him as caucasian in the anime as well. We can argue about Reeves, but I don't see a westerner as a bad choice for Spike.

Saya says 'Hi'.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message    Back_to_top 
Shinka (#128364)

I agree with fnord, except for the fact that I disagree with the movie being made at all and therefore I belive simply no one should play the part XD

By the way, fnord, awesome avatar, is it from an anime?

PostPosted: 
fnord (#129232)
AnimeNfo Warrior

Nah, it's fanart from Rozen Maiden. The picture where I yoinked that part from looks like this:

pic removed. ~Stick

edit:
But on topic: I haven't seen any anime adaptions, and I don't think I ever will. But there were a couple of good adaptions of Hong Kong/Japanese movies in the west (I like "Departed") and some western adaptions of comics turned out good ("V for Vendetta" and first and foremost "Sin City") while others were butchered and slain ("300") ... so ... I don't know. It will most likely be crap, but I'm hesitant to pass judgment that it will definitely be crap.

Saya says 'Hi'.

PostPosted: 
Shinka (#128364)

I like it, looks awesome! Thanks for the pic, now I yanked it XD hahahahha

You are right, it will most likely be crap, and the few I've seen are indeed crap and I fear for all future projects. There are a few I'm definitely not going to see even if I were payed to, for example: Dragon ball.

Live action adaptations simply dont work. I hope Hollow wood would relize that before destroying some of the best things out there, for example: Akira.

Sigh..... I feel utter hopeless

PostPosted: 
Stick (#5576)
AnimeNfo Forum Administrator

i'm going to have to ask you to remove the avatar pic fnord, and the fanart has been taken care of. it's really inappropriate, and frankly it's in bad taste, and saying it's your "Sense of humor" is a stupid excuse, especially since you happen to live in the same country where one of the worst eras in human history took place.

Whoever made the fanart should be kicked in the face.

I'd gladly do it, but I'd rather let you know beforehand since you seem like a nice person, so you can do it yourself.

Shinka: *shakes head*

PostPosted: 
fnord (#129232)
AnimeNfo Warrior

Removed.

:
i'm going to have to ask you to remove the avatar pic fnord, and the fanart has been taken care of. it's really inappropriate, and frankly it's in bad taste, and saying it's your "Sense of humor" is a stupid excuse, especially since you happen to live in the same country where one of the worst eras in human history took place.

I'd like to comment on that, if I may. First, I'd like to make it clear that my personal feelings on this topic are not reflective of the general german population (they wouldn't like the picture either). Also, I want to say that I consider myself left-wing, and the german standards for left and right are more liberal than, say, US standards. Hell, my nickname is a part of 70's counterculture. I would get in real trouble in Germany if I had that avatar on a forum based on a german server, since using the swastika in non-educational context is a criminal offense (anti-constitutional symbolism ...) - and I think this punishment is just.

But, all that is my rational opinion. I have a very dark and dry sense of humor. The fanart picture so ridiculously disregards historical and moral facts that I just can't judge it. It doesn't fit into my personal systems of right and wrong any more, because it is something so far removed from common sense. The picture embodies for me the basic idiocy of mankind - not that horrific things like the Third Reich happen, but that they are bound to happen again, because man doesn't seem to learn in the long run. I agree that using it as an avatar is probably not helping it, but I'm a pretty contradictive person anyway.

Saya says 'Hi'.

PostPosted: 
Stick (#5576)

fnord (#129232) :
Removed.

:

I'd like to comment on that, if I may. First, I'd like to make it clear that my personal feelings on this topic are not reflective of the general german population (they wouldn't like the picture either). Also, I want to say that I consider myself left-wing, and the german standards for left and right are more liberal than, say, US standards. Hell, my nickname is a part of 70's counterculture. I would get in real trouble in Germany if I had that avatar on a forum based on a german server, since using the swastika in non-educational context is a criminal offense (anti-constitutional symbolism ...) - and I think this punishment is just.
Ok, so you wouldn't put that pic if it were a german website because you'd get in some serious shit, but since it's not, it's ok in your mind to do so... alright..

:
But, all that is my rational opinion. I have a very dark and dry sense of humor. The fanart picture so ridiculously disregards historical and moral facts that I just can't judge it.
I believe you just judged the picture somewhat right there, and stop bringing up how screwed up your sense of humor into this. if there wasn't anything nazi related anyways, there's still nothing funny in the picture as far as i could see, dark or not.

:
It doesn't fit into my personal systems of right and wrong any more, because it is something so far removed from common sense. The picture embodies for me the basic idiocy of mankind - not that horrific things like the Third Reich happen, but that they are bound to happen again, because man doesn't seem to learn in the long run. I agree that using it as an avatar is probably not helping it, but I'm a pretty contradictive person anyway.

all I took from this is that you know it's not exactly the smartest thing to have put up, but you put it up anyways. The warning you put in your sig should have been the first clue to me. All you wanted was to a reaction from someone.

Congratulations, you got one.

Be glad it didn't result in you from being banned from here.

Also, i will not be splitting this into a separate thread as you asked. As far as I'm concerned, there is no need for a discussion about this, and the matter is closed. I thank you though for removing the avatar picture yourself.

This has gotten off topic as well.

PostPosted: 
Slayer (#119568)

@Stick

Arent you being harsh here....banning just because he put up an avatar that seemingly is offensive to few?I didnt find it offensive though...any case its going OT here..and since the matter is resolved there is no point in continuing it...but I just wanted to add my few cents to it..

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message YIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Veleon (#124559)

I found it offensive, however I didn't say anything, as I am not German, Jewish, Gypsy, etc. I am pretty much on sticks side. There is never any valid reason in my eyes to every post, let alone make, something like that.

PostPosted: 
Stick (#5576)

Slayer (#119568) :
@Stick

Arent you being harsh here....

Nope.

:
banning just because he put up an avatar that seemingly is offensive to few?

yep. the banning only because he knew it would have caused an issue, and yet he chose to put it up because, well, "that's the way he is" or something. he didn't get banned in the end though, did he? Heck, he didn't even get a warning.

i don't know your personal tastes are slayer, but i don't really like it when someone tries to Nazi symbolism look "cool" by creating that type of fanart. If someone tried making a pic of a hot anime chick semi-naked gently caressing a human skull as she walked through the killing fields of cambodia.. i don't know, i'd find that somewhat inappropriate as well.

anyways... i just wanted to clarify a couple of things to you slayer, but no, there's nothing worth debating about this. back on topic fellas. Smile

PostPosted: 
Shinka (#128364)

Well, I'm going to go off topic here for a bit, but bare with me since I havent voiced my opinion yet. Please forgive me.

First: I recall getting the mind of a couple of people before for my taste in fanart, stick included, therefore it shouldnt come as a surprise that I liked the pic. Unfortunately, it is not for the reason everyone seems to think.

There is no point in speaking about the holocaust since I'm sure we can all agree on how horrible it was, however, due to the madness of one man a historical symbol has been tainted for eternity with a negative connotation which wasnt attributed to when it was first created a few thousand of years ago.

What I saw in that picture was not the nazi idealism or anything remotly close to it, in fact, that was the very last thing that even came to my mind. When I first saw the picture I appreciated it for what it was, a VERY good fanart, and in VERY good quality as well. I liked how it was drawn, the colors, everything about its aesthetics was remarkable to me, therefore I liked it. Of course I'm no ignorant to what the nazis did and what the swastika nowadays means, but thats not what I was looking at, whats more, I couldnt care less about it being there, its simply background decoration. I did like, however, the uniform, but thats simply because I find the SS uniform to be very nice, once again, aesthetically, not because of who wore them

So, I was not saying that the nazis are cool, as I'm sure fnord wasnt either, I was appreciating a work of art, which happened to have a questionable piece to it. By the way stick, what an artist portrays in his/her works does not necessarily represent them.

I guess in the end its a matter of perspectives, yet, to be absolutely honest, I think that if someone is offended by something like that they are simply predisposition to be offended by practically anything.

Once again I apologize for going off topic and the matter can be considered closed.

PostPosted: 
Stick (#5576)

sorry, but consider this your first warning shinka. When a mod or an admin says the matter is closed, the matter is closed. You're lucky i didn't wipe your whole post just to emphasize it.

PostPosted: 
Last Exile (#35342)

If modern cinema doesn't contain Jason Bourne or Indiana Jones, I fully ignore it. I've given up of cinema as being a medium of any significance anymore.

Live-action = switch off in the swirling miasma of scintillating thoughts and turgid ideas contained in the well-protected orb atop my shoulders.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email MSNM    Back_to_top 
Rheo94 (#140368)
AnimeNfo Peasant

It kinda sucks the way they will live action it, it will just turn out like Starship Troopers. Hardest parts are when they fight on space.
They would just use 2POV(2nd Person Over View).
Not 3POV(3rd Person Over View).

I think CBB The Movie would be better not the series itself to be Live Action.
The movie only concentrated on Terrestrial scenes.
I think that suits the movie. Good shootings

PostPosted: 
Shinka (#128364)

Frankly, no matter how or what they do, they are going to fuck it up anyway

PostPosted: 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

You know Shinka, I fully agree.

Hollow Wood + live-action adaption = TOTAL FAILURE.

I've lost count of how many times they've screwed up. Frankly, I don't have enough fingers.

PostPosted: 
Rheo94 (#140368)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Ive not yet seen Dragon Ball Revolution.
Slightly Saw Mortal Combat Live.

Maybe the cast selection itself will be a flop.

Visit my Profile HERE

PostPosted: 
Display_posts:   Sort_by:   
 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum
Jump_to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot