Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum
Please, for the love of God! Read this!
Moderators: AnimeNfo Forum Moderator
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Posts_count  
Tecknopagan (#15894)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Please, for the love of God! Read this!

This anime is a remake. Yes, everyone is aware of that. However, people calling themselves "anime dinosaurs" are severly losing sight of reality. Old anime may indeed be the foundations of today's Cowboy Bebop's, and Samurai X's and Gundam Seed's... but they belong in their time. Like all of the "anime dinosaurs". I am immediatly reminded of that old guy in the simpsons... the one that originally drew itchy and scratchy... liked liver and onions... you know the guy. Either him, or any other washed out dried up has-been. Like me. I caught myself telling some neighborhood teens they need to appreciate the 'Stones more... sure, they are a great band... but where do I get off telling people what to like? Why is it soo good??? Just because I like it, and it was an integral part of growing up for me?? Calling someone closed-minded just because they have their own likes and dislikes is the greatest tradedy I've ever seen. They used to burn people at the stake, or put people in concentration camps for having their own views... I suppose it's not too awful that it's only escelated to name-calling. Seems like this anime brings out the "inner child" in people in more than one way. Please... respect other's opinions, and try to learn something. Honest... old dogs CAN learn new tricks.... as long as they have the intelligence to. I say, let the new generation of anime watchers belittle our Macross, Voltron, and Speed Racer.... so what? Their dislike does not detract from my enjoyment... just theirs. One last thing.... False reviews for the purpose of upsetting the scores to your favor is vile and dispicable. Weather you're an anime reviewer, or a governmental official playing with vote ballots, it's cheating and gives my whole generation a bad name. I am deeply ashamed. Embarassed

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message    Back_to_top 
Stick (#5576)
AnimeNfo Forum Administrator

i'm kinda confused as to where the name calling and "cheating" is taking place. Is this in the Anime Reviews of Animenfo section?

PostPosted: 
Tecknopagan (#15894)
AnimeNfo Peasant

just read

the name calling is there.... read the reviews. and what about giving an anime all 10's "to raise the score", but in the review stating that you really only give it an 8 or so...? you don't see that as cheating? lying? that's fixing the scores... it creates an inaccurate representation of the true average. but whatever. i was just trying to bring some intilligence and sanity to people of my generation... people who grew up watching '70s anime. My mistake. It won't happen again.

PostPosted: 
Stick (#5576)

Re: just read

Tecknopagan (#15894) :
the name calling is there.... read the reviews. and what about giving an anime all 10's "to raise the score", but in the review stating that you really only give it an 8 or so...? you don't see that as cheating? lying? that's fixing the scores... it creates an inaccurate representation of the true average. but whatever. i was just trying to bring some intilligence and sanity to people of my generation... people who grew up watching '70s anime. My mistake. It won't happen again.

now why would want to think that you're opinion doesn't matter? it does, remember that. I think you should make a post regarding this in the anime requests section. mentioning the problems with the reviews and how people are trying to manipulate the score system, not just on galaxy railways, but also other anime as well (i've seen it as well, some anime getting way to high, or way to low a score), i've even seen the name calling from time to time.

F4te (the administrator) might be able to read your post there (don't type the same thing here, try to mention how all the series are being affected), but he's a busy guy, and it might take a while.

Hell, I'm not even sure if he can do anything about the user reviews, but it wouldn't hurt to ask him, ne?

And even though i wasn't born in the 70's, one of my favourite movies of all times was Galaxy Express... I just loved the story and the animation, hell when they also did the animation for Daft Punk's Discovery Album, i was looking for all the music videos i could find.

Personally, i've not seen Galaxy Railways, and most likely i won't. I prefer the orignal wayy to much to start loving anohter. Smile

but if you actually think it improves on the orignal, i'm more than likely to watch it.

PostPosted: 
Friday Hefler (#4995)
AnimeNfo Scout

I've seen all 113 episodes of Galaxy Express 999, The Film, the whole of the Harlock (Herlock) collections, and the various threads and spin-offs in the Matsumoto Universe (Yoshinobu Nishizaki working on the Animes and having creative input as well).

I Love them, anyone who thinks they're "dinosaurs" is entitled to their opinion, I guess, but maybe aren't yet fully devloped Otaku, maybe they just like certain series. One who really loves the media (Anime and Manga), should find themselves loving this stuff too eventually.

I love the remake too, and so much of Anime lately is remakes or have strong ties to early anime, as well as lots of inside jokes referencing great animes in history.

I really like hand-drawn anime, with more classic stories.

Also Anime in those days was Japanese, for the Japanese, and the idea that an overseas audience would even see it, was barely a thought in the mind of the studio employees. Some of the more popular stuff today (in North America), is pre-licensed by an American company, who have some pre and post production input. And they certainly want a show that appeals to a wider more mainstream audience, in their market, for their investment dollars. So the studios now have to keep American views in mind (not just Otaku), when producing shows. That certain can contribute to the wider popularity of the new shows and a sort of disconnect between that audience and the older more Japan-o-centric anime.

Personally, I think that Anime suffers for that.

I was alive in the early 70's (as a kid) and I am (by my standards) not old. so, if you and that anime are Dinosaurs, then I must be a fossil as well. Just smile, and think of the great classics they're missing out on.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email YIM    Back_to_top 
Stick (#5576)

err.. you DID read the time stamp of the last post, didn't you? Razz

PostPosted: 
Friday Hefler (#4995)
AnimeNfo Scout

Yeah, after the fact... Sorry.

I admit to being dopey sometimes. But, the sentiment is still the same.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email YIM    Back_to_top 
Display_posts:   Sort_by:   
 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum
Jump_to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot