Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum » Rurouni Kenshin
I dont UNDERSTAND! (Spoilers Inside)
Moderators: AnimeNfo Forum Moderator
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Posts_count  
GreenRoses (#117238)
AnimeNfo Peasant

I dont UNDERSTAND! (Spoilers Inside)

I dont understand... DID KENSHIN die? When?... in what series? the last episode i watched was when he and the "girlfriend" went to the beach and he gave her a shell... what happened after that? Did they get married he and Kamaru (sorry for the spelling)....

Did KENSHIN DIE? HOW?... WHEN?

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message MSNM    Back_to_top 
cranston (#84421)
AnimeNfo Description Editor

You're referring to the RK: Reminiscences animated movie.

I don't recall any beach scene. This is at the end of the Fuushui arc?

Two elements make an anime great: romance and moe!
My anime collection (with ranking) and visual novel CGs!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message    Back_to_top 
GreenRoses (#117238)
AnimeNfo Peasant

I have the dvd called "Reminiscences" but i dont recall him dying from diseases or anything. Is Reminiscences an episode or real movie or something?

Gee i love this anime too much to even discover that my favorite character or any character for that matter died!

PostPosted: 
cranston (#84421)
AnimeNfo Description Editor

Sorry, not Reminiscense. 'Twas Seishouhen. http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,689,pvglff,rurouni_kenshin.html

Two elements make an anime great: romance and moe!
My anime collection (with ranking) and visual novel CGs!

PostPosted: 
Mike (#43833)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Yea, there was a beach scene in the final episode of the series. Episode 95 I believe. In any case, you should watch Seishouhen to find the answers. Personally I kinda disliked Seishouhen because I felt it was a poor ending to such an amazing series. It's an OVA that will usually come with the Directors Collection of Samurai X (if you buy it in the states). Here in the states the three OVAs are called Trust & Betrayal, and Reflections. Reflections is the Seishouhen Cranston is talking about. Trust & Betrayal are the two OVAs about Kenshin and Tomoe.

In all, there are three OVAs, a 95 episode series, and a movie.

Chronologically they are:
Trust & Betrayal
95 Episode series and movie (the movie is basically unrelated to any of the series, but obviously takes place during the series because he hasn't sealed the deal with Karou, but she and the others (Yahiko and Sano are present).
Reflections

MIKE

Forum FAQ
Forum Rules
Bracket One - Round 1 Complete
Bracket Two - Round 1 Complete

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email    Back_to_top 
Luther (#82867)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Mike (#43833) :

Trust & Betrayal
95 Episode series and movie (the movie is basically unrelated to any of the series, but obviously takes place during the series because he hasn't sealed the deal with Karou, but she and the others (Yahiko and Sano are present).
Reflections

MIKE

Requiem for the Restoration Royalists? If you can't find the Director's Collection and have to buy seperately, skip this. Mere filler.

Kinpatsu FTW!!!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email YIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
GreenRoses (#117238)
AnimeNfo Peasant

It's True!

It's true... I watched it... i hadn't realised that I had the last episode in which Kenshin had died in Karou's arm... how sad.. . It's kinda of a bad ending in a way.... no one would want Kenshin to die...he seemed so invincible... but the ending was cute in a way since he was finally at peace.... and how different his son Kengie has grown to be from Kenshin... This anime is really a love story...lol....

I dont know if it's a bad or a thing that it's a cartoon...it's so sad yet so great... what u think?

PostPosted: 
Mike (#43833)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Luther (#82867) :
Mike (#43833) :

Trust & Betrayal
Reflections

Requiem for the Restoration Royalists? If you can't find the Director's Collection and have to buy seperately, skip this. Mere filler.

I don't really see it as a filler. It has it's own story that I thought served as a great introduction into the universe of Rurouni Kenshin. I thought it had a good plot and well developed characters. Why skip it?

MIKE

Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
Luther (#82867)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Mike (#43833) :
Luther (#82867) :
Mike (#43833) :

Trust & Betrayal
Reflections

I don't really see it as a filler. It has it's own story that I thought served as a great introduction into the universe of Rurouni Kenshin. I thought it had a good plot and well developed characters. Why skip it?

MIKE

As a standalone, yeah, all you said is correct, but it's meant for the anime and I don't remember Kenshin and co. reminiscing what happened in Requiem afterwards. That's why it's called filler, lack of an impact to Rurouni Kenshin's main plot.

Kinpatsu FTW!!!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email YIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
GreenRoses (#117238)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Requiem?

What's the Requiem? you guys were referring to it as a filler or something...

PostPosted: 
Mike (#43833)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Re: Requiem?

GreenRoses (#117238) :
What's the Requiem? you guys were referring to it as a filler or something...

Requiem for Restoration Royalists is a Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) movie. It doesn't really add to the main plot of Kenshin, but I think it's a pretty good story in and of itself. It's not like other 'filler' episodes that are just plain nonsense. Those are real fillers, where nothing really happens. In this movie a lot happens and it's a good action drama.

MIKE

Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
GreenRoses (#117238)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Yeah ur right!

Yeah... your right in that case... this filler makes alot of sense!

PostPosted: 
Eagle_Skull (#121620)
AnimeNfo Peasant

the thing that i dont get of all this is that in the OVA Kneshin leave kaoro and his son like he didnt care.
Didnt he said he was only to protect the ones close to him?
And kauro didnt care that kenshin leave?
this is the opposite that the way they act.

PostPosted: 
Mike (#43833)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Eagle_Skull (#121620) :
the thing that i dont get of all this is that in the OVA Kneshin leave kaoro and his son like he didnt care.
Didnt he said he was only to protect the ones close to him?
And kauro didnt care that kenshin leave?
this is the opposite that the way they act.

I don't think it's that he didn't care. I think he still believed he owed everyone fighting something for his actions when he was the Battousai. So, he felt the need to go to China during the first Sino Japanese War of the late 1800s. He felt he still owed those whom he had killed something more, and thus continued his journey to teach peace and protect the innocent, etc.

That's my belief anyway,
MIKE

Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
ShiMizU (#121349)
AnimeNfo Warrior

I agree with MIKE. Kenshin thinks that he still owes people and believes that it's his duty to fight.

PostPosted: 
Eagle_Skull (#121620)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Well the that make sence about kenshin but what about Kauro?

PostPosted: 
Mike (#43833)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Eagle_Skull (#121620) :
Well the that make sence about kenshin but what about Kauro?

Kaoru may have stayed behind to raise their son, it's not exactly the best environment for a growing child to be in the middle of a war. Kenshin probably asked them to stay because again he didn't want them to be hurt.

MIKE

Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
Eagle_Skull (#121620)
AnimeNfo Peasant

I dont think so becasue most of the time kauro waited for Kenshin and kind of forgot about Kenji
Even Kenji said that kauro was always suffering because of Kenshin and that why Kenji ends ups hating his parent Neutral

PostPosted: 
ShiMizU (#121349)
AnimeNfo Warrior

Then maybe Kenshin didn't like Kaoru to be hurt. LOL.. I just repeated what MIKE said.. But that's what I think too..

PostPosted: 
GreenRoses (#117238)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Well kinda!

well I have to agree on the matter of Kenshin going away to war leaving kaoro and kenji for their own protection and also to atone himself.... and when he returned from war just before he died... we learned from Kaoro's final statement "It it's finally over", that kenshin had been atone also because the scar from his cheek had disappeared... so he was atoned...

but yeah i find it kinda harsh that a husband can leave his wife and child for 15 yrs without a trace and then turn up dying and then died in her arms... i mean yeah i am happy that kenshin was atoned but why go all those years to find atonement when u have a family of ur own to protect? he would almost seem not to care enough about them...

But then again... the scar disappearing shows him coming to grips with his bad pass of loosing his first love and him being a murderer...

But the anime is a romantic-tragic-comedy.... that i will always love....

PostPosted: 
Mike (#43833)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Well, I believe Kaoru knew what she was getting into when she married him. She knew the kind of person Kenshin was and the life philosophy he held. She still loved him and wanted to be with him and made that life decision.

MIKE

Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
GreenRoses (#117238)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Yeah I guess!

Yeah you are right!... she knew alright... I think she loved Kenshin more than how she loved herself...... But in the end... I think Kenshin returned that love by dying by her side... still a sad story-line.....

PostPosted: 
Jinchuu Crusader (#100569)
AnimeNfo Peasant

The Seisouhen/Reflections OVA is actually a heavily altered version of the manga's Jinchuu/Revenge Arc. I won't go into spoilers, but will say that the basic nature of the story was altered. Some important elements were left out altogether and things that didn't happen in the manga were added on.

Kenshin in Seisouhen is a failure because he seems to care about other people more than his own family. Kaoru is a failure because she's so willing to be this perfect little martyr wife. I feel more pity for Kenji than for either of his parents. About the only one with his head on his shoulders is Yahiko, who has to persuade Kenji not to become the next hitokiri.

Anyway, I would highly recommend that you read the Jinchuu Arc to see about which I speak.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website AIM YIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
GreenRoses (#117238)
AnimeNfo Peasant

I agree

Trust me i understand what you mean... but where may i find this Jinchuu Arc?

PostPosted: 
Stick (#5576)
AnimeNfo Forum Administrator

Re: I agree

GreenRoses (#117238) :

i hope you're asking where you can buy it, because download links aren't allowed on here.

PostPosted: 
Mike (#43833)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Re: I agree

Stick (#5576) :
GreenRoses (#117238) :

i hope you're asking where you can buy it, because download links aren't allowed on here.

Yea, no asking for links to illegal download sites. The Jinchuu Arc is part of the Rurouni Kenshin manga, which is basically japanese comics. And to get those you can find them at most bookstores or you could also order them online.

MIKE

Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
GreenRoses (#117238)
AnimeNfo Peasant

thats what I meant!

Yeah thank that what I meant... where I could buy it!

PostPosted: 
GreenRoses (#117238)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Just Back tracking abit though... is the Rurouni Kenshin: Renegade Samurai different from the TV Series or the other 3 OVAs??? I dont want to buy it to find out that I already have it...

PostPosted: 
Display_posts:   Sort_by:   
 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum » Rurouni Kenshin
Jump_to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot