AnimeNfo
 AnimeNfo Forums 

Current_time

Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum
The Ending ::SPOILER:: dont enter if u havent seen berserk!!
Moderators: AnimeNfo Forum Moderator
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Posts_count  
Freddy C (#31563)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

The Ending ::SPOILER:: dont enter if u havent seen berserk!!

hi anime fans.

no doubt if you watched berserk anime, you'd find the ending worse than the rest of the story because mainly it was confusing

well i think that gatz somehow got out of the hell hole he was in at the end and griffth ruled the world (in ep. 1)...

... but i wanted to know why gatz was let out?

...why was he after that pendent on the snake person's neck (in ep. 1) which was green (so it cant be griffth's can it?)

...generally what the first ep. was about (apart from gatz taking revenge on griffth)

...if the demons controlled him, why are they allowing gats to kill people with pendents?

thanks for anyone who answers my questions and post any other questions you have of berserk here if you want Wink

PostPosted: 
Edited_time_total
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email MSNM    Back_to_top 
Anime Baka (#9980)
AnimeNfo Peasant

That I remember from watching the anime I have a few awansers.
1. The mark on his neck dosent mean they control Gatts, it just means that he was suppost to die with the others in the last ep as a sacrifice to griffith becomeing a God Hand.
2. The Green pendent is not griffiths, it is suppost to symbolize that the demon works under (for) griffith. And gatts is trying to wipe them out.
3. there is a whole thing about gatts killing his way out, saveing the girl and going to the smith to have the Dragon Slayer (The Big Sword In Ep. 1) built. But how he dose it im not sure.
Other then that I the manga prob awansers everthing else, even thought its wrightin different then the series.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message    Back_to_top 
Coco (#34234)
AnimeNfo Peasant

To clarify, each person destined to become a demon, is given a behelit. Griffith's one is special because it's only for those who can become a member of the God Hand. The manga starts off in the present and flashbacks as well, but before that, there is another story along with the first meeting between Gats and the entire God Hand since the eclipse(this part is super-sweet!!). Gats and Caska both escape the eclipse. They are saved by a character who was left out of the anime, and his name is the Skull Night. Not much is revealed about him other than he has been opposing the God Hand for thousands of years(in the manga he is shown outside the eclipse fighting against Zodd), and he believes he is destined to kill Void(The brain looking member of the God Hand). He breaks into the eclipse and takes a swipe at Void with his sword, but Void turns the sword back at him and he blocks it with his shield. Also, Rickert is not killed by the monsters. The Skull Night saves him. He takes them to Godo's place, where there is a cave behind his house where fairies used to live, so monsters do not come there. After, they are both healed, Guts finds out that Caska is now acting like a little girl and will only hang around Erica. Caska also winds up giving birth to Guts' child which is now a demon because of adverses effects from Femto's raping of her. The demon baby runs away, but appears to Guts from time to time and plays a HUGE role later on in the manga. The Skull Night explains to Guts that he is now on the edge of death and the brand will cause him intense pain whenever evil spirits or monsters are near. The stronger the demon, the more pain he will endure(this is also told to Guts by Femto(Griffith) in Vol. 3 of the manga. A demon finds Guts at the house and tries to kill him. He knocks him into the armory where he finds Godo's Dragonslayer sword. He is able to wield it. Rickert is the one who makes him his metal arm. He suits up and tells Rickert to take care of Caska and thus begins the journey of the Black Swordsman. I suggest anyone who hasn't done so already, to get a hold of the manga. It is really good and it explains alot about characters in the anime such as some of the more shown demons like the fairy, the snake, and the caterpillar looking one. It also has alot of backstory that's not in the anime, and extra scenes as well. Berserk is the damn joint!!!

PostPosted: 
Freddy C (#31563)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

thanks a lot coco for that detailed explanation, do u know where i can buy the manga from and how many vol. there r in total? also is it translated into english?

PostPosted: 
Edited_time_total
Coco (#34234)
AnimeNfo Peasant

You're welcome, Freddy. Sorry, I should've mentioned it before, but you can get all 26 volumes of the manga translated on cd from ebay. That's where I got mine on two cd's. Should be less than $10. It's two cd's full jpeg images. They also have sellers selling other manga too. Suggestion, if you do decide to buy it, make sure as soon as you get them, you briefly go through every jpeg image to make sure they're all there. Sometimes, a page might be missing or an image might be corrupted. In that case, you can make a list of those and have the seller send those on another disc. Trust me it's worth it. I have a much better understanding of Berserk now and I got a lot of my questions answered. Finally, if you do get it, don't just skip to the end of the eclipse unless you really want to, because the manga is a little different from the anime. I suggest reading from the beginning. Hopes this helps.

PostPosted: 
andy (#34921)
AnimeNfo Peasant

ok so in the manga it starts off in the present and then goes back to the past like in the anime? i was wondering if the manga also continues on gatts' journey in the present where he goes after griffith/demon king for revenge

PostPosted: 
Coco (#34234)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Yeah, the manga starts off like the anime. The eclipse occurs in volume 13 of the manga. After that, volume 14 focuses on Roshinu(the demon that looks like a fairy). After that, the manga continues on into what happened after Guts' meeting with the God Hand in volume 3. This manga is so awesome. There's so many things that happen, but I don't want to spoil it. I will if someone asks me though. Other Big time demons show up and there is also a second eclipse. All that and more, plus in the lastest volume(26) Gats gets a wicked upgrade!! Berserk is the damn joint!!!

PostPosted: 
Ryu (#35968)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Or.....

[removed]

* Edited by supers: No download links please, esp licensed manga.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email    Back_to_top 
Freddy C (#31563)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

thats not actually completely true ryu, you can only get vol of 4-26 there (hmmm.. no one's noticed your post yet of the download link....)

but anyway, are there only 26 volumes? what's this chapter thing e.g. "chp 266 berserk manga" or something? are there multiple chapters in one volume? and ive just got my hands on berserk manga, hoping to read them soon agter some doses of anime first Wink

PostPosted: 
Jomps (#35720)
AnimeNfo Warrior

the last one translated it vol's 27 chapter 237

PostPosted: 
Freddy C (#31563)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Jomps (#35720) :
the last one translated it vol's 27 chapter 237

are they translated? i thought chp 230 somthing to the lastest one (chp238) was in RAW and not tranlated

EDIT: my mistake, you are right, i found a translated one

my god, berserk is going on and on isnt it? which is good, i have now got all chpaters from 1-237 now Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation wooooooohooooo!

i spent quite a long time downloading them and sorting them out, and whilst sorting them out, trying not to read anything to prevent spoiling it i still saw some pics and they look so good, im really excited now as soon as i get the time i'll read them

btw, for manga downloaders or if you bought pictures files of manga, do you print the pages out or just read them like that? im planning on printing them all out, takes a long time i know, but worth it though, like a real manga then. and as for price of ink cartridges, my mom pays for that Wink

PostPosted: 
Display_posts:   Sort_by:   
 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum
Jump_to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot