AnimeNfo
 AnimeNfo Forums 

Current_time

Forum_index » AnimeNfo Feedback
What changes would you like to see in Animenfo 2.0?
Moderators: AnimeNfo Forum Moderator
Post_new_topic   Topic_locked View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Posts_count   Goto_page: Previous 1, 2, 3
13olt3 (#122998)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Search Funcion

Although it is already good, I believe that the search function could be stronger.

Something like a double genre search would make finding something that you are interested in more easy.

Just a suggestion... Sometimes it's hard to find an Anime or Manga that has the for example Love-Romance + School Life OR Drama + Fantasy.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message    Back_to_top 
Freddy C (#31563)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Bigger picture for the anime. I like to judge a book by its cover, unless I know what the book's like already.

Have pictures the size similar to anidb's will be much better, I know there might be a bandwidth issue here. Also, it will be a first to have a gallery for animes. So an anime may have more than one picture associated with it.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email MSNM    Back_to_top 
nauXolo (#69311)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

I like the gallery idea, having users submit pictures wiki style, with a moderator would help breathe life by increasing contributors as well as helping out the guests who are looking for information.

505 random anime thoughts
90 random manga thoughts
My Website: Mysteries of Evangelion

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Pictures...

I used to visit this anime site that hosted tons of pictures from anime. Downloaded lots of them and used them as wallpapers. If supers could do that, that'll be wonderful.

The Rules Are Here! Read Them!
Here Are the FAQs. Read Them Too!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email    Back_to_top 
Slayer (#119568)
AnimeNfo Description Editor

There should be a picture gallery for anime characters etc so that people are in verse with the anime.This would be very helpful especially for newcomers who want anime recommendations.So a brief synopsis of the anime along with some pictures would definitely help the matter.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message YIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
i-Radj (#114807)
AnimeNfo Peasant

A way to categorize the anime top 100. Or something like : show all mecha anime. This way you can checke out quality anime of your favorite categorie

PostPosted: 
Morten (#65255)
AnimeNfo Overlord

i-Radj (#114807) :
A way to categorize the anime top 100. Or something like : show all mecha anime. This way you can checke out quality anime of your favorite categorie

That is something i can /sign up to.
I really hate to press on "Drama" because i wanna find Drama animes, and then find a TON! of old crappy ones, while its impossible to find all the good ones among the thousands.

Therefore it would be nice with an option to press Drama, and then another button called Sort By Rating.
I dont believe this is possible? if it is, please tell me how? cus that is like the best tool EVER!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email MSNM    Back_to_top 
cranston (#84421)

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I miss the old anime discussion folders. Go to one folder and all the topics related to that anime will be there. I'd like this feature reinstated. Also, I think it should be fine to allow any user to create new folders for previously undiscussed anime.

Two elements make an anime great: romance and moe!
My anime collection (with ranking) and visual novel CGs!

PostPosted: 
Ikyu (#125908)
AnimeNfo Peasant

i really like your database.
There's only one thing that pops into my head right now.

the search function. by genre.
yeah you guys have it already, but when i search for instance in the
genre: Adventure then there are more than 100 anime.
same goes for the others.
i would like to search via selected genreS. so that i can tick more than one genre in the search option and so that the search would be more specific and the result will lead only in a handful of anime.
i hope you got what i mean. Wink

PostPosted: 
Veleon (#124559)

I don't know if this has been mentioned but, how about making it so when you look at an anime page, it has links to its sequals/prequals, and it also displays them all in chronological order.

"I couldn't care less; I love Asuka!" -Me

The Anime Couple's Contest, I urge you...participate like you've never participated before!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
D-Knight (#23497)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Just one thing: get the top200 anime list to reflect anime quality, instead of anime popularity. It's just sad to watch the current list. Pokemon with a 5.0 is in there and black lagoon, nodame cantabile, and even mushishi are not there ... what the @#$#@ is with that??

PostPosted: 
A7Leng (#127132)
AnimeNfo Peasant

People have to remember that Pokemon was created for the younger viewers. Older people no doubt would hate pokemon and since it's very popular and well known, people give it bad reviews due to the fact that younger viewers will probably not be able to find a site like this and probably won't be able to sign up and review it.

PostPosted: 
chaz (#70549)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Filter by Raiting

I would really appreciate the addition of an option to filter series by rating in the Anime/Manga match pages, for example, Action with a rating of 8.5 or above.

PostPosted: 
nauXolo (#69311)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Here's something that I suggest:

We need to sort the reviews on each page with the 'best' at the top.
This way, instead of having to sift through a lot of crap, we can just read the good ones. The good reviewers will be rewarded by having their put on top, and the bad ones will have more incentive to write better if they want their opinions read.

This idea is critical because there's this thinking that the review moderators are too harsh. So, what we can do is indirectly 'remove' the bad reviews by pushing them down. Of course, I'll still delete the bad ones that are not-constructive, but the vague ones shouldn't have to be read.

Now that masahiko has implemented the reader rated review system (i.e. 0/1 users found this helpful). I think we should sort the reviews based on a few attributes.

1) user ratings. The higher percentage reviews should go on top

2) user ratings. The reviewer him/herself who gets good ratings on his/her reviews should be pushed to the top. One might worry that not all the reviewer's reviews will be good. But imagine this: The reviewer is good, but that particular review sucks. He has no user ratings for this particular review, yet he is pushed to the top. However, some people who read it as the first one says oh this sucks. Because element 1 will be weighted more, it'll be pushed down a bit, but still above the other 0/1 reviews.

3) In case of a tie, then sort it by word count

90 random manga thoughts

PostPosted: 
Rosepetals (#42525)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

nauXolo (#69311) :
Here's something that I suggest:

We need to sort the reviews on each page with the 'best' at the top.
This way, instead of having to sift through a lot of crap, we can just read the good ones. The good reviewers will be rewarded by having their put on top, and the bad ones will have more incentive to write better if they want their opinions read.

This idea is critical because there's this thinking that the review moderators are too harsh. So, what we can do is indirectly 'remove' the bad reviews by pushing them down. Of course, I'll still delete the bad ones that are not-constructive, but the vague ones shouldn't have to be read.

Now that masahiko has implemented the reader rated review system (i.e. 0/1 users found this helpful). I think we should sort the reviews based on a few attributes.

1) user ratings. The higher percentage reviews should go on top

2) user ratings. The reviewer him/herself who gets good ratings on his/her reviews should be pushed to the top. One might worry that not all the reviewer's reviews will be good. But imagine this: The reviewer is good, but that particular review sucks. He has no user ratings for this particular review, yet he is pushed to the top. However, some people who read it as the first one says oh this sucks. Because element 1 will be weighted more, it'll be pushed down a bit, but still above the other 0/1 reviews.

3) In case of a tie, then sort it by word count

Naux, you beat me to suggesting the exact same thing. Razz Aww man. Laughing

Yeah, I definitely like the idea of using the usefulness rating in that sense.

"I am not sure why I am so attracted to roses...but roses are romantic. Just like the flower, my music is on the borderline between reality and escapism"
-Rie Fu

Reviews
Remember to read the Rules and FAQ.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website AIM MSNM 
Avalanche (#92065)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

While I find naux's suggestion nice, I would prefer if this were left to the user. Let the user decide whether he would like to sort by
1. User rating
2. Date posted
3. Word count (this could help the review mods a lot :-p )

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email YIM    Back_to_top 
Ikyu (#125908)
AnimeNfo Peasant

it would be nice to know , which atmosphere (beside the genre) an anime has.
i mean if its a really chilling mood (Kamichu,Someday Dreamers)
or maybe you could just add another genre type called "chilling"

PostPosted: 
dekano (#129344)
AnimeNfo Peasant

NEWS
NEWS

Agreed, definitely will make the site more accessible and adaptable for those individuals. I thinking along the same lines as zitch, though it might be harder to cater to those who may have some mental disabilities.

Dekano
----------------------------------------
Lapruebacigars

PostPosted: 
dekano (#129344)
AnimeNfo Peasant

News
News

We might be holding a public meeting on IRC in a few weeks, depending on how things go. The general public is welcome as well as forum users. The purpose of this meeting is to determine:

o What you would like to see added to AnimeNfo / AnimeNfo forums
o What you would like to see gone from AnimeNfo / Animenfo forums
o Any extra tidbits/technologies you would like to see that you would think benefit AnimeNfo in the future.

Dekano
----------------------------------------
Lapruebacigars

PostPosted: 
bob (#92485)
AnimeNfo Scout

How about a cuss words filter?
A-la Yahoo style @&*)-type like this in place of bad words. Users would check a box and bad words may be randomized characters. This may require an additional rule to punish the users who would try to go around the filter.

PostPosted: 
nauXolo (#69311)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

I do not know if other people ever had this initial problem, but a lot of the things on the left-hand side, such as the control panel's Read Review and Forums, are not immediately obvious to the visitor.

I showed this website to someone, and they were wondering where one clicks to read reviews, expecting it to be somewhere in the main body and not some thing that pops out on the left side.

Many people also have not realized that there are forums. Perhaps it would be helpful to have a horizontal bar of links at the top.

90 random manga thoughts

PostPosted: 
~*~Moi~*~ (#128504)
AnimeNfo Warrior

I'm not entirely sure if I should post this here or PM a moderator, but well, I thought it might be a good idea to have one thread for people who need help in exams, projects, or just need some people to do a survey for a statistics project (or something like that) in General Chat. That way we don't need to create so many different threads for what is essentially the same topic.

Feeling frustrated? Express yourself at Writer's Block through any kind of writing you can think of! In addition, you can get FREE comments on your work! Sound too good to be true? Find out! Too lazy? Check out Exercise in Creativity and enter a submission. I dare you. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 
tsubasa (#45003)
AnimeNfo Peasant

1. image character uploader should be treat fair with reviewer which mean there should be also best character image uploader ranking. not only that, people that add/edit anime information (example character name , seiyuu ) should also be treat well .
2. function to add new character name with/without seiyuu

PostPosted: 
Tom (#130453)
AnimeNfo Peasant

the anime search

could there be a way to use animes people know they like to match them with other anime----also why do so many people prefer the subs that is so agravating to me

PostPosted: 
Vortex (#130619)
AnimeNfo Scout

Some way of seeing new posts in the Anime Series Discussion Forum other than just seeing one post... that way you can relate to your favorite anime better.

oh and a role play forum for us scripters XD

PostPosted: 
Slayer (#119568)

Vortex (#130619) :
Some way of seeing new posts in the Anime Series Discussion Forum other than just seeing one post... that way you can relate to your favorite anime better.

oh and a role play forum for us scripters XD

There is already a link at the top right hand corner of this page which says view posts since last visit...there is not going to be a separate thing like finding new posts..you have to browse through them...

and regarding role play forum?? what do you mean by that...there is already this forum so why the need of a separate forum??

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message YIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Vortex (#130619)
AnimeNfo Scout

i dont see the rp forum *sighs* Sad

PostPosted: 
Rosepetals (#42525)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

Vortex (#130619) :
i dont see the rp forum *sighs* Sad

There was one a long time ago that one of our members started a long time ago, but it's practically dead. Actually there were two-I think Malaki had one and so did Cranston.

Starting a new one might be fun, but I don't know if we should dedicate a whole separate forum to it-you might want to talk to Mike, one of our mods, about it since he's always around the Gamer's forum.

As for the Anime Discussion forum, I agree, that's a good idea-we do have the view posts since last visit feature, and it helps, but at the same time, the anime discussion forum has been off and on dead-i think many have suggested the same as you in terms of changing it to something more accessible.

"I am not sure why I am so attracted to roses...but roses are romantic. Just like the flower, my music is on the borderline between reality and escapism"
-Rie Fu

Reviews

PostPosted: 
[AN]Wölf_Brother (#5002)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

Because I'm lazy I'd like to see a quick reply addition put in place.

My anime list: http://www.animenfo.com/myanimedb.php?userid=5002

Have a question? Read the FAQ. While you're at it read the rules too.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message MSNM    Back_to_top 
Vortex (#130619)
AnimeNfo Scout

[AN]Wölf_Brother (#5002) :
Because I'm lazy I'd like to see a quick reply addition put in place.

I second that Smile

PostPosted: 
SharkMa-san (#4400)
AnimeNfo Scout

Is this project still alive? 0.o

My Little Wallpaper - MLP: FiM wallpapers | brony.fi - a Finnish brony community

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website    Back_to_top 
Avalanche (#92065)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

Yeah, all of us want to know that. *yawns*

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email YIM    Back_to_top 
Stick (#5576)
AnimeNfo Forum Administrator

SharkMa-san (#4400) :
Is this project still alive? 0.o

you tell me.. you're one of the devs. i hope you were trying to be funny with this post.

seriously. everyone who's associated with 2.0 pretty much, yourself included, as disappeared for whatever reason, other than supers, leaving us to wonder the very same question you're asking... and since you're asking us of all people whether the project is still alive.. i don't think this bodes well. lol then again I could be wrong.. i'm hoping i'm wrong. lol

PostPosted: 
SharkMa-san (#4400)
AnimeNfo Scout

Stick (#5576) :
you tell me.. you're one of the devs. i hope you were trying to be funny with this post.

seriously. everyone who's associated with 2.0 pretty much, yourself included, as disappeared for whatever reason, other than supers, leaving us to wonder the very same question you're asking... and since you're asking us of all people whether the project is still alive.. i don't think this bodes well. lol then again I could be wrong.. i'm hoping i'm wrong. lol
Well, I personally quit this project since supers just kept changing his mind about things (a good example is when he suddenly told us that we're coding this with Perl and not PHP).

I know he's the owner and makes the decisions, but when every change to the plans comes like a bolt from the blue, it really starts to get on your nerves.

My Little Wallpaper - MLP: FiM wallpapers | brony.fi - a Finnish brony community

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website    Back_to_top 
Rosepetals (#42525)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

SharkMa-san (#4400) :
Stick (#5576) :

Well, I personally quit this project since supers just kept changing his mind about things (a good example is when he suddenly told us that we're coding this with Perl and not PHP).

I know he's the owner and makes the decisions, but when every change to the plans comes like a bolt from the blue, it really starts to get on your nerves.

Ouch Shark, I didn't know that. Sad

I think that's the reason why we need a set, stable plan and just make a timeline to implement it. I think I'm like many people who don't want this project to just fall off the face of the earth. It's just being on the same page that's the main problem/barrier to implementing Animenfo 2.0.

-Rie Fu

Reviews

PostPosted: 
Naya_Katsuya (#131535)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Well my idea is stop being strict idiots. I don't like having my thread locked just because I gave a little info of my past internet history. So f-u. I have officially decided that I probably won't stay for any longer. And another thing, not everyone can get on the internet every hour. I'm forced to go to the library to get on the internet and on Wednesday when you blocked my thread I was on my off period, at school, in the computer lab, and I got off when my off period was over. Sorryyyy if I can't be on within 24 hours.

PostPosted: 
LoStSouLs (#17272)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

later *waves*

Read And Enjoy The Rules Of This Forum
Read And Enjoy The Questions That Need Answering (FAQ)

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email Visit_website AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Rosepetals (#42525)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

Naya_Katsuya (#131535) :
Well my idea is stop being strict idiots. I don't like having my thread locked just because I gave a little info of my past internet history. So f-u. I have officially decided that I probably won't stay for any longer. And another thing, not everyone can get on the internet every hour. I'm forced to go to the library to get on the internet and on Wednesday when you blocked my thread I was on my off period, at school, in the computer lab, and I got off when my off period was over. Sorryyyy if I can't be on within 24 hours.

No, that wasn't the reason.

I actually left the thread open for you to ask any questions you might have had-you can't advertise other communities here-that's a rule, it's how we protect against spammers, though your site may not have been a spam site at all. We ask that you talk to us and let us know to clear it.

If you wish to leave that's your call, but I did ask if you had any questions to PM me and talk about it. And I still open that offer to you. Granted, I could have left it open longer for you, and for that, I am sorry. But there's not reason for you to just take on the attitude that you do.

We're not being strict at all. We just ask that you read, understand and follow the rules.

-Rie Fu

Reviews

PostPosted: 
CK (#131574)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Animenfo 2.0

They're all good ideas...he-he......(anime sweatdrop)

PostPosted: 
Stick (#5576)
AnimeNfo Forum Administrator

thank you to all of you that have given your ideas and suggestions on what you'd like to see in animenfo 2.0. I'll be temporarily locking this thread until further notice, but when things start rolling, i'll be re-opening the thread again.

PostPosted: 
Display_posts:   Sort_by:   
 Posts_count   Goto_page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Post_new_topic   Topic_locked View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Forum_index » AnimeNfo Feedback
Jump_to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot