Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum
spike's past
Moderators: AnimeNfo Forum Moderator
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Posts_count  
Stumpinator2000 (#15704)
AnimeNfo Scout

spike's past

the only thing that still remains a mystery to me is spike's past. i know he was in the syndicate, in love with julia, and best friends with vicious. But what the hell exactly happened that night?... i mean, if anybody knows, plz let me know.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Wizard-of-Oz (#21859)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

What night are you refering too? The night he was susposed to run away with Julia, and vicious found out and told her to kill him and she didnt but she ran away not to be seen for a while? Or are you refering to some other night?

MySpace
Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message AIM    Back_to_top 
Stumpinator2000 (#15704)
AnimeNfo Scout

i guess it's that night where they were supposed to run away together and vicious found out... they keep showing a rose in a puddle on the ground... that night.

PostPosted: 
Wizard-of-Oz (#21859)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

I dont know if that was actually susposed to have happened or not(the rose in the puddle part) but I think that it just symbolizes his broken heart when Julia doesnt show up and he thinks that she betrayed him.

MySpace
Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
Okenshield (#6551)
AnimeNfo Scout

Location: Lala Land "where everything is right where it shouldn't be"
i dont think he ever belived that Julia betrayed him, but he was non the less heart broken, and he did loose an eye that night as well. as for the rose i remeber he carried a bunch of roses that night to give to Julia, guess he found no use for them after what happened.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message MSNM 
Stumpinator2000 (#15704)
AnimeNfo Scout

shrug.... i guess that makes sense....

PostPosted: 
Wizard-of-Oz (#21859)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

I rememeber him mentioning somewhere in the last few episodes something about her betryaing him. I dont remember exactly when it was but im watching it all over again to find out so ill post it when im done watching it.

MySpace
Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
Stumpinator2000 (#15704)
AnimeNfo Scout

k... thanks a lot

PostPosted: 
Stick (#5576)
AnimeNfo Forum Administrator

i was just sad that...

*Spoiler for people who haven't watched this series*
the whole gang broke up and spike dies. Sad

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message    Back_to_top 
Wizard-of-Oz (#21859)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

*SPOILER HERE*

weither or not spike died is actually a topic of much controversy. Some people say that he just collapsed, but didnt die. While others believe that he really did die. It is very sad that Julia dies though. And that the gang breaks up.

MySpace
Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
haste (#8191)
AnimeNfo Peasant

*SPOILERS*

Yeah, they left it open to intepretation as to whether he is alive or dead - possibly as an opening for a second series?

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website YIM    Back_to_top 
led (#10490)
AnimeNfo Peasant

SPoilers*******************************I guess

I think Spike is definetly dead. I at first did not want to believe so, but the evidence very much points to it. His star burning out. The fact that he always said he was living a life that was not his anymore. He did what he came back from the dead to do. Find Julia and kill Vicious. After losing Julia he had nothing to go back for after killing Vicious. I think unfortunatly if you think he is still alive you are in denial. I was, until I realized it was a very fitting end to an amazing story. But I don't know if the manga is still going or if Spike is gone in that as well. But then again characters die in American comics or movies about comics and come back in the other at a later time. They don't always follow each other.

PostPosted: 
Wizard-of-Oz (#21859)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Thats a good explaination of it but i havnt yet decided.

MySpace
Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
haste (#8191)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Which ever way you look at it, it was still a dramatic and sad ending..... deep down I know he's dead.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website YIM    Back_to_top 
Okenshield (#6551)
AnimeNfo Scout

Location: Lala Land "where everything is right where it shouldn't be"
well him being dead or not in my opinion rests on one issue:
are they gona make a sequal or not, i heard the team that made it broke up, came back once again for the movie then they all went thier seperate ways, so i guess he really is dead...there's no one left to revive him.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message MSNM 
MissFordFocus (#22950)
AnimeNfo Scout

It just may be me, but I wish the creator(s) would make a prequel and a sequel to Cowboy Bebop. The prequel would be all about Spike (and Vicious and Julia) when they were in the Red Dragons. The sequel would be a sort of "Where are they now?" that looked at what the rest of the gang (Faye, Ein, Ed, and Jet) did after they broke up. But that's just wishful thinking Crying or Very sad ...What would you guys want the prequel/sequal to be aboout?

PostPosted: 
Wizard-of-Oz (#21859)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

A prequal would be awsome. Seeing them all when they were in the red dragons would kick total ass. But thats just wishful thinking it will never happen. *sigh*

MySpace
Forum FAQ
Forum Rules

PostPosted: 
Stumpinator2000 (#15704)
AnimeNfo Scout

damn... this is what happens when i don't post for while... i miss out on a lot of shit....

***spoiler warning***

to me there was no doubt that spike died... i mean, c'mon, u see the star fade... that's pretty freaking dead to me, and they were obviosly hinting at spike, not vicious... anyway, i doubt there will be a sequel of any sort, and even less chance for a prequel... frankly, they should just leave it alone and let it be... don't run the risk of fucking up the series.

PostPosted: 
Stick (#5576)

i remember that there was an article on the internet with the creator of cowboy bebop, and he was asked whether there would be a continuation of the cowboy bebop series. I believe he said not in the forseeable future, as he has other projects right now, and he also felt that he ended cowboy bebop the way he wanted it to.

So i'm guessing that there won't be another cowboy bebop, unless he really wants to do another one.

Sad

here's an interview (not the one i read)... near the end of the interview is kinda interesting.

http://www.jazzmess.com/misc/animeinvasion.txt

this is taken from an interview he did regarding the animatrix. The whole interview can be found here:
http://www.intothematrix.com/rl_cmp/rl_interview_watanabe.html

MATRIX: Is this the end of Cowboy Bebop?

WATANABE-SAN: The thing Iím thinking about next is something totally original.

Hmm.. maybe in the future he might go back to CB.. one can only hope. Smile

PostPosted: 
ShinJun (#11148)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Oh NOOO!!! This here is a bit crappy (not sending it out to anyone specific)
One thing about Spike he's not dead you could say, but referring to the star climax... Let's just say he turned over a new leaf in which he probably gonna wander off again like he did before when he left the syndicate(not gonna go back to bebop or so (that's what i think))
And this here saying the gang broke up nonoo they actually didn't break-up seeing as how Spike is somewhat Missing and the Ed and Ein would probably still help from a distance though(so what 3 members gone theres still 2 left) Faye and Jet is still there ready and willing to get more Doh even though she'll be a little like Spike and wreck more than her half of the shares by destroying the landscape!!!
And to conclude... About that night well not sure if yaw got this here idea so imma jus lay it out... Vicious is jealous of Spike Girl-wise, Luck-wise, Skill-wise... (Not sure havn't seen the series in about 6 months now so not sure on this sentence) Spike was the one who brought him in so Vicious would of course be the way he is to bite its owner by the ankle.(just a pun) HJe probably staged the whole thing about leaving the syndicate and shit so Spike would be out of the picture permanently...(well i'll rant more when i see your thoughts on this post)

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Stumpinator2000 (#15704)
AnimeNfo Scout

you are reading into this too much... to me it seemed plain and simple... he's dead, and the future of the rest of the gang is left completely open... it's a matter of opinion from there on.... geez.

PostPosted: 

I think they need to make an OVA about Spike's past. Well, about Spike's death, I think they (Julia and Spike) are happy in Heaven watching Faye and Jet catching some bounty heads. Sad Crying or Very sad but that is what kind of life we live in. Everything ends. I never like main characters dying though. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 
Edited_time_total
    Back_to_top 
megz (#20697)
AnimeNfo Peasant

She the ultimate weapon has a lot of main character killing, u definately wont like that Neutral

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message MSNM    Back_to_top 
Gaz (#31163)
AnimeNfo Overlord

heaven?

****SPOILER**** ....possibly

:

In my opinion spike definitely died at the end of the TV series, it was really the only way to end it in my opinion and sad though it may seem, unless we do see a prequel ova or something on top of the movie thats probably the last we'll see of CB

PS: After all the henchman spike has killed over the years do you reckon he'd actually make it to heaven/ Wink

[/quote]

PostPosted: 
Edited_times_total
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email Visit_website MSNM 
Sepiraph (#17102)
AnimeNfo Peasant

SPOILER

Just of all, I'd rather avoid the "whether Spike is dead debate". The thing I want to say is that life would be pretty tough for Spike if he isn't dead because we know Julia is dead. Not that he couldn't live on (i.e. Kenshin turns out ok), but just that to me, it seems like Julia was one of the very few, if not the only person that can offer some hope and comfort to Spike.

PostPosted: 
Edited_times_total
  Read_profile Send_private_message 
Stick (#5576)

please, put your spoiler text in white. Smile

PostPosted: 
KniVeS_BAttoSai (#32283)
AnimeNfo Peasant

spykes dead

I think that spyke did dyed at the end of the cowboy bebop series. But still, if the director of cowboy bebop wants to make a sequel or prequel then the only thing that he has to do is invent a story explaining what happened to spyke and to the gang. He can eihter make him death or make him alive and lost in transition. Very Happy

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message MSNM    Back_to_top 
New Era (#36547)
AnimeNfo Scout

:
I think he died, he had nothing to live for. His loved one died and his nemesis got killed by him. If he would fainted, you have alot of options what would happen to Spike. He as former yakuza could become the head of the RDS or rejoin jed or ...

PostPosted: 
Edited_times_total
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website    Back_to_top 
Caddberry (#27690)

@ Knives & New Era..

Stick (#5576) :

I agree with you btw.. but you still need to mark spoilers in white text.. To learn how to do it check the FAQ thread..

Obey the forum Rules!
Find answers to your questions in the Forum FAQ

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email    Back_to_top 
New Era (#36547)
AnimeNfo Scout

Caddberry (#27690) :
@ Knives & New Era..

Stick (#5576) :

I agree with you btw.. but you still need to mark spoilers in white text.. To learn how to do it check the FAQ thread..
Ok, I have done that
:
but I honestly think everybody who checks the cb thread knows that spike "dies" at the end

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website    Back_to_top 
Display_posts:   Sort_by:   
 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Forum_index » Anime Series Discussion Forum
Jump_to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot