AnimeNfo
 AnimeNfo Forums 

Current_time

Forum_index » Anime & Manga Chat
Help with Identifying Anime (Series, Characters, OSTs etc)
Moderators: AnimeNfo Forum Moderator
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Posts_count   Goto_page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 49, 50, 51 Next
Anjelus (#74076)
AnimeNfo Peasant

@Shinji, I title I think your looking for is Kakyuusei 2 ("First Love")

@Seaco, I am pretty sure that clip is from a Movie not a series. Kinda reminds me of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind(Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa). Not confident about it but I'm pretty sure.

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message    Back_to_top 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

Anjelus (#74076) :
@Seaco, I am pretty sure that clip is from a Movie not a series. Kinda reminds me of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind(Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa). Not confident about it but I'm pretty sure.

Nope it's not. Read my answer above. It's from a Chage & Aska MTV clip. It's not an anime movie, nor is it an anime TV series or OVA.

The Rules Are Here! Read Them!
Here Are the FAQs. Read Them Too!

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email    Back_to_top 
Seaco (#74751)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Thank you very much~! ^^ happy to at least know what it's from hehe, I knew it's not Nausicaa cause I have seen it ^^;;

PostPosted: 
Sean (#74551)
AnimeNfo Scout

3 iv been trying to find for awhile.

1) About a soccer team. Main char made a promise to his gf that he will win the national (japan) high school championship. And if he does, she will agree to give up her modeling career and he soccer because they dont have any time for each other again. I saw a couple episodes and didnt finish. I hate not finishing anything lol

2) Kind of like a mystical version of Gundam. This boy was deleported into another world to save it and he can call upon this legendary fighting machine. Main char's name was like Watano or something. He and his friends whom he meets fights their way up this "mountain" where there are mythical levels and stuff.

3) A boy is the last of a 3-eyed superhuman race. If he covers his 3rd eye he is normal like everyone else, if it gets uncovered he turns into this child genius of some sort (and psycho one at best, on one episode i remember he tried to turn a few ppl who bullied him in school into spaghetti)

4) Has a storyline VERY similar to Full Moon o Sagashite, just that i first saw it in 1997.

PostPosted: 
masahiko (#35136)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

Sean (#74551) :

2) Kind of like a mystical version of Gundam. This boy was deleported into another world to save it and he can call upon this legendary fighting machine. Main char's name was like Watano or something. He and his friends whom he meets fights their way up this "mountain" where there are mythical levels and stuff.

3) A boy is the last of a 3-eyed superhuman race. If he covers his 3rd eye he is normal like everyone else, if it gets uncovered he turns into this child genius of some sort (and psycho one at best, on one episode i remember he tried to turn a few ppl who bullied him in school into spaghetti)

2) Mashin Eiyu-den Wataru?
http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/works/index.html
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1172

3) It is Tezuka Osamu's "Mitsume ga Toru".
http://en.tezuka.co.jp/anime/sakuhin/ts/ts021.html

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Send_email MSNM    Back_to_top 
Caireen (#65939)
AnimeNfo Review Moderator

Sean (#74551) :
3 iv been trying to find for awhile.

1) About a soccer team. Main char made a promise to his gf that he will win the national (japan) high school championship. And if he does, she will agree to give up her modeling career and he soccer because they dont have any time for each other again. I saw a couple episodes and didnt finish. I hate not finishing anything lol

I don't think there are that many anime based on football, the 3 I know of are Captain Tsubasa, Whistle and Wild Striker! It could be one of those perhaps? Eyeshield 21 isn't out yet, so I doubt it's that one!

Can you not remember anymore of the 4th one? as I can't think of anything similar to Full Moon Wo Sagashite, not without another hint anyway Very Happy

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message MSNM    Back_to_top 
masahiko (#35136)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

I looked for soccer anime, and found others one, Aoki Densetsu Shoot!
But I wasnít sure there was the one he was looking for.

PostPosted: 
Tim (#74967)
AnimeNfo Peasant

I found this avatar in some forums, and haven't been able to figure out what it's from.

PostPosted: 
silverkitsune (#67502)
AnimeNfo Warrior

Tim (#74967) :
I found this avatar in some forums, and haven't been able to figure out what it's from.

Grenadier
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1488,cbiynt,grenadier___hoh.html

PostPosted: 
Tim (#74967)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Ah, many thanks! ^_^

PostPosted: 
monkydoo (#75090)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Here's one that's been appearing on a japanese magazine for the last few months, but since I can't read japanese (yet) I haven't been able to figure out it's name.
Thanks!

PostPosted: 
silverkitsune (#67502)
AnimeNfo Warrior

monkydoo (#75090) :
Here's one that's been appearing on a japanese magazine for the last few months, but since I can't read japanese (yet) I haven't been able to figure out it's name.
Thanks!

Twin spica
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/spica/

PostPosted: 
monkydoo (#75090)
AnimeNfo Peasant

thank you, I've had a hard time trying to find out what its name was.
Ja-ne!

PostPosted: 
bingbong112 (#75193)
AnimeNfo Peasant

There was this anime that I watched ages ago that was on tv in thailand. It was around the period when Saber Marionette J was still on. Anyway I half understood what was going on in the anime & if i remember right the anime was about this girl who could change into any person that she bit into on the neck and whenever she sneezed, she'd turn back into her normal self. I think she was like a vampire princess destined to marry this underworld prince who had this birth mark and that later turned out to be the guy that she was in love with at school, but he liked someone else and that girl wasn't interested in him (I think). So yeah, she'd be changing into different characters to mess up his relationship with the other girl. I've been searching for the name of this anime but I just can't seem to find it. Can someone help me?

PostPosted: 
masahiko (#35136)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

bingbong112 (#75193) :
There was this anime that I watched ages ago that was on tv in thailand. It was around the period when Saber Marionette J was still on. Anyway I half understood what was going on in the anime & if i remember right the anime was about this girl who could change into any person that she bit into on the neck and whenever she sneezed, she'd turn back into her normal self. I think she was like a vampire princess destined to marry this underworld prince who had this birth mark and that later turned out to be the guy that she was in love with at school, but he liked someone else and that girl wasn't interested in him (I think). So yeah, she'd be changing into different characters to mess up his relationship with the other girl. I've been searching for the name of this anime but I just can't seem to find it. Can someone help me?

Probably, "Tokimeki Tonight".
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1375

But it is much older than Saber Marionette J.

PostPosted: 
bingbong112 (#75193)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Yeah it's that anime. Thank you so much.

PostPosted: 
\"M\" (#75554)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Midori no Hibi

Emmm im a new guy in here but anyone who interest in Anime called Midori no Hibi please reply this post ok ! Smile

PostPosted: 
Caddberry (#27690)
AnimeNfo Forum Administrator

Re: Midori no Hibi

\"M\" (#75554) :
Emmm im a new guy in here but anyone who interest in Anime called Midori no Hibi please reply this post ok ! Smile

Ok.. First .. Welcome to the forums!

Now, Please read the rules of the forum and look around before you post just to get a feel for things..

http://forums.animenfo.com/viewforum.php?f=1333

that is where you want to go.. The discussion folders.. There is a folder for EACH anime series. (that is in the database)

Don't take topics off topic by just throwing in something random..

The links for the rules of the forum and the forum FAQ are in my signature.. I suggest you take some time to read through them and look around the board..

And again.. Welcome!

Obey the forum Rules!
Find answers to your questions in the Forum FAQ

PostPosted: 
Mike (#43833)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

I got one....
When I was visiting my family in Mexico once, there was this anime on tv(at least I believe it was an anime). And I never really got the name of it....

Description: (This was a few years ago so it's hard to remember)

Ok, so there are these good guys, a number of them. They all have suits and special powers... One I remember had a blue and white suit, kinda like a power ranger but without the helmet and he had the ablity to freeze things and such. Anyway, I believe they wore helmets occasionally, but the helmets didn't cover the face, just around the head and one had like a dragon or something. Anyway, in this episode their was some sort of mask that had powers and the bad guys had stolen it and the fighters were after them... in the end of the episode they were fighting some strong guy and the ice dude sacrificed himself to save the others by freezing himself to the other guy. The ice guy had blonde hair and like a swan or something on his helmet...

Hope someone can help, I actually enjoyed the anime at the time...

Thanks,
MIKE

Forum FAQ
Forum Rules
Bracket One - Round 1 Complete
Bracket Two - Round 1 Complete

PostPosted: 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

I don't know the exact answer, but it sounds freakishly like Saint Seiya or something of that sort. They were hugely popular back in those days.

1. The helmets never covered the faces.
2. They all wore armour of different colours (so you could distinguish them).
3. Fantasy setting.
4. Each person has distinctive powers that the others did not have.

I'll go find a picture when I'm free and you can see if the characters look familiar.

PostPosted: 
charn (#40191)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Mike (#43833) :
I got one....
When I was visiting my family in Mexico once, there was this anime on tv(at least I believe it was an anime). And I never really got the name of it....

Description: (This was a few years ago so it's hard to remember)

Ok, so there are these good guys, a number of them. They all have suits and special powers... One I remember had a blue and white suit, kinda like a power ranger but without the helmet and he had the ablity to freeze things and such. Anyway, I believe they wore helmets occasionally, but the helmets didn't cover the face, just around the head and one had like a dragon or something. Anyway, in this episode their was some sort of mask that had powers and the bad guys had stolen it and the fighters were after them... in the end of the episode they were fighting some strong guy and the ice dude sacrificed himself to save the others by freezing himself to the other guy. The ice guy had blonde hair and like a swan or something on his helmet...

Hope someone can help, I actually enjoyed the anime at the time...

Thanks,
MIKE

Definitely Saint Seiya. It's one of my very favorite anime ! Watch it dude you will love it ! But don't buy the R1 version called "Knight of the zodiac" the dub sucks holy ass .. get it some other way ..

And once you finish Saint Seiya you should watch its 4 OVAs The 3rd and 4th ones are better than the first 2 ..

Want some discussion of Saint Seiya talk to me or Bardack anytime we are animenfo Saint Seiya fanclub (freddy is also the member but unfortunately he has left this place Crying or Very sad )

Watch it man watch it ! It's a great series !! (although IMHO Berserk is better Laughing )

PostPosted: 
nauXolo (#69311)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

what was that anime where this girl all of a sudden gets all nature loving
it starts out with her having a monologue and she is doing archery

then later she eats a hamburger and a flash of how the cows were slaughtered shows up and she vomits it up.

its really has a strong message in nature sense.

505 random anime thoughts
90 random manga thoughts
My Website: Mysteries of Evangelion

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
vicious (#32847)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Earth Girl Arjuna?

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,101,odhual,chikyu_shojo_ar.html

PostPosted: 
nauXolo (#69311)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

Yeah, I guess it is... but the description is totally different than the first episode. What I saw, I thought was a movie not a 12 episode series... oh well
thanks

505 random anime thoughts
90 random manga thoughts
My Website: Mysteries of Evangelion

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website AIM MSNM    Back_to_top 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

@Mike & Charn

I just searched for Saint Seiya images using Yahoo image search, and it gave me tons of fan scans of the manga. Crazy. I can't get more than a handful of decent colour images of the anime. Some links to the images didn't work too.

But I'm pretty sure it's Saint Seiya, and Charn could already confirm that it is. I'm sure that's your answer there.

PostPosted: 
Caireen (#65939)

nauXolo (#69311) :
Yeah, I guess it is... but the description is totally different than the first episode. What I saw, I thought was a movie not a 12 episode series... oh well
thanks

It is Arjuna! I have it myself and the hamburger scene put me off burgers forever!!

PostPosted: 
vicious (#32847)
AnimeNfo Juggernaut

@Caireen: same here^^, it was just like that documentary Supersize me.
Anyway this serie must be in your collection!

PostPosted: 
Furia (#76347)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Hello

I am looking for name of an anime that I watched when I was a kid. The image of it still blury in my mind. Only I can remember is written below.

There were few people that were waiting to die after a terrible disaster (may be after a torrent) happened. When they died they were transforming into the red birds and flying to a space ship. I guess It was kind of a drama.

know sounds weird.and I Hope you can help me Sad

Thanks.

PostPosted: 
sta1k3r (#76351)
AnimeNfo Scout

hey everyone, I need some help from the experienced people, I hope that you are:)

What is that song playing as a background music here >>> www.saikano.net

I was just able to extract it from the site as a flash file but its quality is very poor. If I knew Japanese than I'll just send a letter to them, but unfortunately in order to send them a letter I need to fill in special form, which parameters of course, are in Japanese, and clicking here and there will take lots of times and give no results.

Frien of mine given me a site [ http://horizon.anime-board.info/ ] and told that he saw that music there, but it is down now

Help any1 if you can Smile

PostPosted: 
  Read_profile Send_private_message Visit_website MSNM 
jiji (#77177)
AnimeNfo Peasant

heyaz Smile

i have a problem - i used to be addicted to three anime shows when i was younger, around 1991 - 1994...the trouble is, i dont remember their names, only a very vague synopsis of them. i would be greatly indebted to anyone who'd help me identify them, it's been bothering me for AGES now

uh......well one of them is about this princess (some where in outter space) and she's supposed to be guarded by these three dudes (wearing red, blue and green uniforms) who try to fight off baddies to protect her. the red dude is given this crown by an old guy so whenever he gets out of hand and he's wearing the crown, the princess just crosses her fingers and he gets a massive head ache of some sort.

the second one is about a group of people....except i dont really remember much about them, just a few 'screen shots' as such where one of them is a guy who parades as a really famous female singer and there's a girl amongst them (who may be an alien) was found in a barn sitting amongst the remains of her space ship, and at first she can only mimic what they say.

the third one is even vaguer in my mind...there's a female pilot with short blonde hair who...does something and she has this black friend who works at her airbase, and is being wooed by a pilot in a brown jacket, but she doesnt give him the time of the day

i'm sorry for being so vague, even a tiny clue would be helpfull! Very Happy thanks!

PostPosted: 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

jiji (#77177) :
the third one is even vaguer in my mind...there's a female pilot with short blonde hair who...does something and she has this black friend who works at her airbase, and is being wooed by a pilot in a brown jacket, but she doesnt give him the time of the day

i'm sorry for being so vague, even a tiny clue would be helpfull! Very Happy thanks!

What sort of planes do they pilot? Transformable stuff?

Scifi?

Historic? As in World War 2?

PostPosted: 
jiji (#77177)
AnimeNfo Peasant

uh, just normal fighter planes...like the ones we pilot nowadays! Very Happy no sci-fi, no historic, no tranformable stuff Razz

PostPosted: 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

jiji (#77177) :
uh, just normal fighter planes...like the ones we pilot nowadays! Very Happy no sci-fi, no historic, no tranformable stuff Razz

I guess this rules out 801 TTS Airbats, since I don't see any blonds there.

BTW, that was just a stab in the dark. But at least, if it isn't the one you're looking for, we just managed to rule out this one and narrow down the possible answers. Wink

PostPosted: 
Caireen (#65939)

jiji (#77177) :
heyaz Smile
uh......well one of them is about this princess (some where in outter space) and she's supposed to be guarded by these three dudes (wearing red, blue and green uniforms) who try to fight off baddies to protect her. the red dude is given this crown by an old guy so whenever he gets out of hand and he's wearing the crown, the princess just crosses her fingers and he gets a massive head ache of some sort.

Could this one be Project A-Ko?!

jiji (#77177) :
heyaz Smile

It might just be me, but this one sounds like Macross Plus?!

PostPosted: 
jiji (#77177)
AnimeNfo Peasant

nope, sorry - it isnt airbats or project a-ko Confused it MIGHT be macross plus, but i'm not too sure........

thank you for your help so far though! Very Happy

PostPosted: 
Caireen (#65939)

jiji (#77177) :
nope, sorry - it isnt airbats or project a-ko Confused it MIGHT be macross plus, but i'm not too sure........

thank you for your help so far though! Very Happy

The only thing I can think of, is why not go to the AnimeNfo home page and search through the anime years, see if some of the titles ring a bell, then read the synopsis! I had a go myself but without more details, or character names is hard to tell if I'm looking at the right thing!!

PostPosted: 
masahiko (#35136)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

jiji (#77177) :
heyaz Smile

The last sentence sounds like 西遊記 (Journey to the West). The anime must be a parody of 西遊記, and it is very possibly "Starzinger / SpacekettersĒ
http://forums.animenfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=1423

Caireen (#65939) :

jiji (#77177) :
heyaz Smile

Is there any female pilot in Macross Plus? I donít think so. And other features, "no-sci fi" and "no transformableĒ, donít fit Macross Plus.
How about Area88?

PostPosted: 
Edited_time_total
Caireen (#65939)

masahiko (#35136) :
Caireen (#65939) :

jiji (#77177) :
heyaz Smile

Is there any female pilot in Macross Plus? I donít think so. And other features, "no-sci fi" and "no transformableĒ, donít fit Macross Plus.
How about Area88?

I was just trying to help! The only thing that transforms in Macross Plus is the cannon, so it could very well have been!

PostPosted: 
jiji (#77177)
AnimeNfo Peasant

YEEEES!!!! it was starzinger!!!!! *dances around the room hapilly*

yup, the first anime i saw was starzinger/spaceketeers - thank you so much for pointing me in that direction! Very Happy

sorry, the third one isnt area 88 Confused any more suggestions? Cool

PostPosted: 
Vilanelle (#79099)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Hi!

I too need help identifying an old anime movie I saw more than ten years ago. Sadly, I only have a few vague memories to go by. Here they are (some of these may be far from accurate):

- The whole story is being narrated by a character on his death bed, who confesses to some horrible sin (maybe) that he is going to tell us about.

- There are two kingdoms at war and a Romeo-and-Juliet type of story. Two lovers are soldiers in opposing armies, they meet in a forest and kiss, then the girl shoots the boy in the head and kills herself.

- The main character's (?) girlfriend turns into some sort of bird and flies over a ravine, on the edge of which sits a woman forever waiting for something.

- There is a forest of temptations/nightmares or some such thing that a character needs to cross several times on horseback.

- Also, there's water dam somewhere in the movie, possibly related to the main character's "sin".

And that's it. Hopefully, all those details are from the same anime and I'm not mixing them up Rolling Eyes.

Any info whatsoever would be very much appreciated, I've been trying to track this one down for years.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 
Vilanelle (#79099)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Re: Hello

Furia (#76347) :
I am looking for name of an anime that I watched when I was a kid. The image of it still blury in my mind. Only I can remember is written below.

There were few people that were waiting to die after a terrible disaster (may be after a torrent) happened. When they died they were transforming into the red birds and flying to a space ship. I guess It was kind of a drama.

know sounds weird.and I Hope you can help me Sad

Thanks.

Ok, wow, this is definitely the one I'm looking for as well. Could you please check the details in my post above and see if any sound familiar?

PostPosted: 
masahiko (#35136)
AnimeNfo Site Staff

Please use ďEditĒ button instead of double post.

I think the anime is "Windaria".
I havenít watched the anime, but his description is exactly same with yours.

PostPosted: 
Edited_time_total
Vilanelle (#79099)
AnimeNfo Peasant

Yes, that's the one!

THANK YOU!!

PostPosted: 
ez (#80015)
AnimeNfo Peasant

i have a request bout this anime flick i watched when i was real young, i remember the plot ok just not the name ARRRGH!

but anyway the plots starts with this trainee salvage crew being selected and sent to this derelict spaceship to fix it, then find out that the ships trapped in the orbit of this big blue sun and that they only have x amount of days to fix it up. straight off the bat theres insecurity amongst the crew as theres one member too many, but none of them know who the spy is. i remember there being a female character desperate to prove shes equal in terms of ability to the men, that theres a long haired leader character who due to certain developments singles out the main character as the spy, leading to a big chase for this guy around the spaceship. one of the scenes i remember clearly was a massive food fight in the canteen... and a character with a big red nose. sorry i cant be more helpful but if anyone could help me figure out what this flick was id really appreciate it. thanks a lot Very Happy

PostPosted: 
Ken Hayashi (#52012)
AnimeNfo Forum Moderator

ez (#80015) :
i have a request bout this anime flick i watched when i was real young, i remember the plot ok just not the name ARRRGH!

but anyway the plots starts with this trainee salvage crew being selected and sent to this derelict spaceship to fix it, then find out that the ships trapped in the orbit of this big blue sun and that they only have x amount of days to fix it up. straight off the bat theres insecurity amongst the crew as theres one member too many, but none of them know who the spy is. i remember there being a female character desperate to prove shes equal in terms of ability to the men, that theres a long haired leader character who due to certain developments singles out the main character as the spy, leading to a big chase for this guy around the spaceship. one of the scenes i remember clearly was a massive food fight in the canteen... and a character with a big red nose. sorry i cant be more helpful but if anyone could help me figure out what this flick was id really appreciate it. thanks a lot Very Happy

Answer: They Were 11 (Movie)

PostPosted: 
Display_posts:   Sort_by:   
 Posts_count   Goto_page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 49, 50, 51 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topicView_next_topic
 Forum_index » Anime & Manga Chat
Jump_to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot